homemade headlamp

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
whipped up a dual front headlamp that i can run either from my magneto or my friction dynamo...kinda ghetto but its definitely way brighter than the single bulb ive been running...
got the bulb bases and lightbulbs from the shack for under $5...used some coffee tins as the light base itself
some spare wire
glue stick
some miscellaneous nuts and bolts
a piece of sheet metal as the dual base
some burnt fingertips
& voila

heres the link to the pics

http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=1068

HOPE YOU ENJOY

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Those little food cans come in handy. I've made air cleaner covers and wiring boxes from them. Some of them are stainless steel and will polish up like chrome with a little work on a bench buffer and some buffing compound. Vienna sausages, Underwood Deviled Ham, and the little flat ones that BBs or pellets come in also work.

Good work, thanks for sharing the ideas. Just curious what you're using for reflectors. You could sacrifice a couple of cheap flashlights and use the reflectors from them. Would male your lights a lot brighter.

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
2door is 100% right about the reflectors. Even The cheap flashlights use them for a reason. It would'nt be very hard to hot glue a couple in the light buckets.
fatdaddy.usflg
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Those little food cans come in handy. I've made air cleaner covers and wiring boxes from them. Some of them are stainless steel and will polish up like chrome with a little work on a bench buffer and some buffing compound. Vienna sausages, Underwood Deviled Ham, and the little flat ones that BBs or pellets come in also work.

Good work, thanks for sharing the ideas. Just curious what you're using for reflectors. You could sacrifice a couple of cheap flashlights and use the reflectors from them. Would male your lights a lot brighter.

Tom
It never even occurred to me to do that...gonna hit the dollar store for donors...thanks guys...