Denver area ride II

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
SATURDAY MAY 21ST 11:00 am BERKELEY PARK REC CENTER​

Attention Colorado riders, that time of month will soon be here again. Same central meeting point last time(safe parking & easy to find). Meet and greet, cruise, lunch, and more cruisin'. So get your bikes in tune and get ready for scenic trails and some smooth roads. Last time was a blast, even with the minor issues. Everyone is welcome again... Let me know what you guys think!

r.ly. dnut .we. .shft. .wee.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I just got my new carb from Duane the other day. I haven't put it on yet but I'm eager to see the difference.

So far there is 4 for the cruise

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So, on Thursday my friend and I rode the Clear Creek Trail as fas as it goes. All I can say is that after the Coors Brewery, the trail sucks. Very nice & scenic all the way up, but after, the trail goes in and through a neighborhood green belt. You have to cross the highway and go to the rich homes and then the trail ends and becomes STRICTLY hiking. Lots of skinny bikes and spandex's.

As far as a date. How does Saturday May 21st @ 11:00am sound

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just in case anyone wants to try: Tomorrow, May 7, is the first 2011 Golden Super Cruise.
I'm taking the hot rod up so no bike but it might be a fun time. I'm sure our bikes would get lots of attention. Things get rolling after about 2PM and goes 'till 9.
If you go, look for me. I'll be in the car in my avatar.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Went to the Golden Super (traffic jam) Cruise. Saw one MB, Titan in-frame bike but didn't get to talk to the guy. We passed each other going opposite directions twice.
Was that anyone from here?

By the way, that was my last trip to that event. Way too many cars. Traffic was bumper to bumper, stop and go from one end of town to the other. I got there at two and left before four. I can't even imagine what it was like later.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
got another bike up....lets hope this one dosent get stolen before the ride again....ill be breaking it in this week anyone free during the week that wants to putt around with me while i break in my new f50? im in lakewood but i can meet up if its not to far

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
got another bike up....lets hope this one dosent get stolen before the ride again....ill be breaking it in this week anyone free during the week that wants to putt around with me while i break in my new f50? im in lakewood but i can meet up if its not to far
Thats good to hear, look forward to meeting up and cruise'n. Make sure you get a U-LOCK so it don't happen again.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i was just down that way lol....but sounds like a good idea...i should be bringing oil and or mix with me to get some miles on this thing...i want to get the motor broken in well so i can ride it and not worry...lemme see if i can get a route planned without to many steep hills

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
i was just down that way lol....but sounds like a good idea...i should be bringing oil and or mix with me to get some miles on this thing...i want to get the motor broken in well so i can ride it and not worry...lemme see if i can get a route planned without to many steep hills
Some of us have bigger tanks, and some carry a premixed gas can, so you'll be okay. As far as the route goes, I'll take care of this one, but we're open to suggestions. Plan on 20 + miles of bike trails and low-traffic roads mixed. Oh yeah, and lunch...

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i couldnt fit a decent u lock into the budget but got a 5/8 braided cable for the moment...figure ill use it for my wheels and such when i get the u-lock but i did get my fenders and stuff today...just not going to be out of eyesight of it until then ...its a brinks industrial cable so it should be at least adequate till i get a u lock

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
i couldnt fit a decent u lock into the budget but got a 5/8 braided cable for the moment...figure ill use it for my wheels and such when i get the u-lock but i did get my fenders and stuff today...just not going to be out of eyesight of it until then ...its a brinks industrial cable so it should be at least adequate till i get a u lock
That lock should be fine. We're never out of sight of the bikes on the cruise's; someone is always near them.

What kind of bike did you build this time: cruiser, mountain bike, ???

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Not bad at all. Good to have some wheels again huh? I'm excited for the meet, hopefully more members attend.

So far 5 riders for sure, and possibly 2 more from Ft. Collins

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
sounds good to me.. Again. I have no motors for me. All the new motors are sold and waiting to be shipped. The only motor I have for me is an old Titan XC50 with no carb on it. I wish she were a Super.. O well...... And.. I am out of Titan Carbs. I will try to fit an RT carb to this old Titan and see if she comes to life. I will have to make an intake manifold for it. I would like to get this going since it does have my new inline simplex gear box. If testing goes well, I will have them copied. This Denver Ride II would be a good test for it. Final Drive is also new for bicycles with motor assist. I will see if I can get her up and running by tomorrow. The final drive I have tested and it works superb and I will copyright this simple design. The Gear box is what needs to be tested for durability. This Denver Ride II may be just the ticket !! but then again.. If she does not hold.. I would hate to be the only guy to break on a ride.. ): ... If I can get her going by tonight or tomorrow. I will begin testing now and should know by the 21st what my chances are for survival with this gear box. Let the mods and testing begin !!!

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
ive got approx 70 miles on that motor duane dance1 looks like it should survive break in...im always paranoid when it comes to that lol....anyways ive been approached by a couple people recently and pointed them here...one who is almost done and another who has been riding for a bit...hopefully we get a couple more people out here posting soon...see everyone at the ride dnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Come on Denver riders. Where are you? Let's see some commitments for our second ride.
I'll be there with an old friend who'll be riding one of my bikes.
If this crappy weather ever clears up, we should have some fun.
Get those bikes ready and lets ride 'em.
George, Drewd, Duane? Street Strip Come on guys!
Tom

Last edited: