• Labor Day: Sept. 3rd. to 5th.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Columbus Day: Oct. 8th. to 10th.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gearhead

Mar 6, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Fl
How about a chase vehicle w/ a trailer, could bring us back but also pick up people unable to continue. I have a 5x10 trailer, all we'd need is a van that can tow about 2000lbs., and a driver. I know that this complicates things a bit but it would address many mechanical, safety, and possibly medical issues, should they arise.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The chase vehicle could carry spare gas etc. My Jeep Liberty 4X4 is rated at 3K pounds towing but I know my wife wouldn't do it. At least I don't think she would. She isn't home right now or I would ask her. Plus my Liberty has a 20 pound tank of CO2 on board. It can fill 20 sets of tires real fast. Anywhere from 1 pound pressure to about 800 pounds.

Terry

gearhead

Mar 6, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Fl
My camry (v6) would pull the trailer but would only take back 3-4 riders on the return trip. That is why I suggested the van. How many would the Liberty take back?, is it a 5 seater (incl. driver)? If we get a group member with a chrysler minivan (3.8 v6) and a trailer hitch w/ 2" hitch ball we could prolly accomodate 6 riders and enough spare parts to build 2 more bikes.

jedpr1

Feb 17, 2010
FLORIDA
1. Fulltimer
2. worksmanFL
3. Gearhead
4. Blues88s (very interested but depends on dates)
5. Jedpr1 (from Ocoee)

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
What the **** , maybe me and the other Ocoeean can car pool
1. Fulltimer
2. worksmanFL
3. Gearhead
4. Blues88s (very interested but depends on dates)
5. Jedpr1 (from Ocoee)
6. Joab

2lazy2pedal

Nov 26, 2010
Sarasota
How about a group ride this coming summer? Anyone else could join in also. I'm thinking a 2 day long ride. The route would be discussed and central to where the riders live. Meet somewhere early on a Saturday morning and ride until Saturday later afternoon. Get a motel room for the night then take off in the morning and ride till Sunday afternoon. Arrangements would have to be made for transportation to the meeting point and the Sunday pickup point.

Here is an idea: US-1 / 1A1 along the Eastern coast. All suggestions on a route are welcome.

Terry
We should also make one on the west st pete Clearwater

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
This is starting to sound like fun!

I better get going on tweaking my bike then... (I have my nephews visiting from NY in 3 weeks anyway)...

How about 3 choices on dates, and take a vote? I'm thinking it should associated with a key date, like Memorial Day, July 4th, Biketoberfest...

Terry,
What did you want the banner to say?
On a longshot, I have a buddy with a 6 cyl. 7 passenger mini van with a hitch who I can ask, but he needs rear shocks replaced.

:)

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
This is starting to sound like fun!

I better get going on tweaking my bike then... (I have my nephews visiting from NY in 3 weeks anyway)...

How about 3 choices on dates, and take a vote? I'm thinking it should associated with a key date, like Memorial Day, July 4th, Biketoberfest...

Terry,
What did you want the banner to say?

On a longshot, I have a buddy with a 6 cyl. 7 passenger mini van with a hitch who I can ask, but he needs rear shocks replaced.

I was thinking: www.motorbicycling.com Lets everyone know who we are.

Terry

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I've seen about another 6 or so MBers in my town, but I guess they are not a part of this forum. It would be cool if we rode in a pack of 10-20 or so.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Here are some 3 day weekends to choose from:

July 4th. on a Monday

Labor Day Sept. 5th. on a Monday

Columbus Day Oct. 10th on a Monday

I was hoping I could stick a poll in here but I can't do it. So gentlemen/ladies, what are your wishes?

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
After talking one on one with a couple of guys here is what seemed to be the route.

Leave Saint Augustine @ 1:00PM
Stop in Flagler Beach to give the butt a rest & look around!
Arrive in Daytona Beach around 4:00PM
Cruise around Daytona Beach and get a room for the night.

Next Day...reverse above back to Saint Augustine.

This trip is 56 miles each way on Route A1A.

Now, lets pick a date guys.

Terry

PS: making this a round trip instead of a one way trip eliminates the need for a chase vehicle. We can leave our vehicles in Saint Augustine. I can contact the police about us leaving cars over night.

Last edited: