Cali plate for motorbike

GoldenMotor.com

snobord28

Jun 2, 2010
Bakersfield
I finally got my plate for my bike today, took about 6 weeks but Im that much closer to riding it legal.
I still have to take a test for m1 licence(which is dumb , its a bike ) and hook up rear brake light ...but its better than getting it taken away or fines I guess. I only say this because I got pulled over the other day and the cop laid the law down on me, but let me go and made me promiss to get it legal,or else...

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thats great to hear snobord. Hope you do not mind I moved your thread to the laws & leg forum. I am hoping anyone else looking for plates for their MB can find this thread easier.

.flg.

snobord28

Jun 2, 2010
Bakersfield
yeah thats fine with me I just wanted to show people thats its actually pretty easy to get a plate and get your bike legal. Thanks for the site and all your guys help

.flg.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I finally got my plate for my bike today, took about 6 weeks but Im that much closer to riding it legal.
I still have to take a test for m1 licence(which is dumb , its a bike ) and hook up rear brake light ...but its better than getting it taken away or fines I guess. I only say this because I got pulled over the other day and the cop laid the law down on me, but let me go and made me promiss to get it legal,or else...
What was your local cops interpretation of CA law?

Were you wearing a helmet?

You could be legally driving on a temp M1 license right now,
just not at night.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've registered 3 bikes, and 6 weeks is normal for the plate. it's easy to get an M1 permit, like BiMoPed said. just read the motorcycle handbook at the DMV and take a written test.

it's good for a year, but you can't ride at night or carry passengers. which blows, because i really want to ride around at midnight with my girl on the handlebars...