OCC Schwinn Stingray Parts/Mods

GoldenMotor.com

LunaFaye

May 23, 2010
Columbus, OH US
Hi,

I'm looking to make a few repairs and mods to my new OCC. Can anyone help with this information please? :)

Rear Brake Cable; What size is it? (Inches)
Does anyone use or know of any gear/derailer systems for this bike?
Are there any replacement (thinner) seats available that fit this bike?
Any front brakes and better rear brakes?

Any other mod or parts info you have would be great too!

Thanks so much! :)

Luna

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Do some searching on OCC and STINGRAY

Hi,

I'm looking to make a few repairs and mods to my new OCC. Can anyone help with this information please? :)

Luna

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
A great modification is a Bananna seat the seat post you have can fall apart. I used a one inch chro,me seat post and attached abanna seat by schwinn to it in the rear I used tww strutts from a common bike rack to adapt it to the very wide rear It has lasted perfectly for 18 months I also electrified mine witth a front hub motor putting out 48 v0lts I can hit any hills with ease and never need to pedal on the flat at all it runs around three hundred for the mod

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Luna, you want Fries with that? rotfl 48' brake cable will do, depending on the bars you use, I have seen pictures of a three speed, never seen one, 31.76 mm seat post, the bike shops have them, Schwinn Trikes are the same. Brakes, that's a tough one. Being electric it may not go that fast. I have heard of disc, for the rear, never seen one. Front I don't know. I have 3 of these bikes. One has a 66cc motor. Their hard to get right, but a sweet ride once Ya' do. Hope this helps.

OR_Chopper

Jun 2, 2010
Salem, OR
I'm also trying to find some way to put disc brakes on my occ chopper bike... i got a 66cc grubee skyhawk on it and i'm hoping it's too heavy to flip over unless i'm going fast down-hill and slam on them... either way i was thinking that the calipers on the back should definately be upgraded... i was lucky enough to have an extra gary fischer lying around not being used... so far i haven't found anything that can put a disk brake on the tire...

love12000021

Dec 25, 2011
ohio
Hi,

Luna
i say try to go on other websites and look up orange county stingray information.

love12000021

Dec 25, 2011
ohio
I'm also trying to find some way to put disc brakes on my occ chopper bike... i got a 66cc grubee skyhawk on it and i'm hoping it's too heavy to flip over unless i'm going fast down-hill and slam on them... either way i was thinking that the calipers on the back should definately be upgraded... i was lucky enough to have an extra gary fischer lying around not being used... so far i haven't found anything that can put a disk brake on the tire...
i would think not using disc brakes i would actually buy the custom stingray brakes.it would work the best like that.otherwise on accident the brakes can slip out and you could crash easily..bf..duh.:-||

-love12000021

scooterbikebymike

Dec 26, 2011
kansas
I have two Shwinns that I put disc brakes on in the rear. Mine only have 49cc motors though. I put duel caliper hydrolics on my Jesse James. It can be done if you have the means.
See pics of my bikes on my facebook page: Scooterbikebymike
Or go to my site www.scooterbikebymike.com

Last edited: