Trek 820 Bike

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
The trek rigid bikes with threaded bottom brackets and quick release wheels are tough as nails for regular bicycling. If they have good condition wheels and tight spokes, they should be excellent but rough riding for motoring. I agree that you should compare the motor producer's spec sheet with the dimensions of your individual bike.

I had one as a teenager, and it was very durable. It came with low end shimano stuff from yesteryear, but parts are easy to find on Nashbar.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
The new model looks pretty good, and has 7speed cassette. You can get the cassettes for $5-15 off the internet for replacements, if you ever pedal that much! :)

SR suntour forks are lame, because they don't have oil damping, or a lot of adjustment (they sit near the beginning of travel, and will spring and "top out" on rebound)

It would do better than a walmart though.

dwayne

Sep 9, 2009
canada
its an older trek 820 runs awsome.the gas tank is wicked out of the way. my other bike has the gas tank mounted standard crossbar the inside of my legs have lots of scares from the sharp lip around the gas tank. you know stupid shorts on hot days. keep the rubber on the road (p)