Went out for a ride

GoldenMotor.com

Steomi

Mar 23, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Took a ride out using the paved path that goes from Waukesha, WI to West Allis/Milwaukkee, WI. Mostly runners and bicyclist use it along with myself, most people are decent when I am on it. I try to slow down and pull in the clutch as I go by so it's not as loud when I pass them. Ever so often though I get that person who shakes their head or yells but not to much. Well today I wasn't really planning on doing any video but when I got there I wanted to try and share the route with everyone so I pulled out my cell and put it in my t-shirt pocket. Lets just say it was more shaky than I thought it would have been, the wind blew my phone back and forth A LOT! So as YouTube suggested a "fix" for it, I clicked yes. Well instead of the vid moving around the borders shift everywhere, I should have made it full screen and it might not have turned out so bad, but lesson learned. Going to bring my vid cam and mount next time. Well if I remember lol.
reddd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZV7gfffZU&feature=youtu.be

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei
Hey Steomi --

Took a ride out using the paved path that goes from Waukesha, WI to West Allis/Milwaukkee, WI.
Cool video! I'm curious what you shot it with and how you either held it or attached it. Also, there's no wind sounds...which I get when recording with a little GPS cam.

Cheers,
Russ

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Man, if I wasn't already pumped full of pain meds, I would think I was...lol...nice video...i took the elroy/sparta trail on a doodlebug when I was a kid...them train tunnels get wicked dark tho...good times

Steomi

Mar 23, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Hey Russ,
I used my cellphone, it's a Samsung Acclaim sch-r880. I just had it in my T-shirt pocket, I was surprised myself with the no wind sound, it might have the noise reduction mic I am not really sure or it could have been sitting just right not to catch the wind as bad. I may try to use it again later today instead of our vid cam but make some type of mount for it. Figure it has a 100% replacement with the insurance I pay on it where the vid cam doesn't.

Steve

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
...in RI it's illegal to ride motorized bicycles on the bike paths so you might want to check to be sure you aren't breaking the local laws,

...that might be why people were shouting and shaking their fists at you, lol.

peace, bozo

Steomi

Mar 23, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Bozo,
I carry a print out of our laws, and as long as it stays a bicycle and not over 130cc we are fine. I been stopped by the police and the park systems and never had a problem. I even get my bike pass for the Glacier Drum line and state paths. They just get mad cause I am disrupting their quiet time and also they "think" they know the laws lol. Wisconsin is pretty lenient with their laws but are very specific about them. Which I hope never changes :)

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Bozo,
I carry a print out of our laws, and as long as it stays a bicycle and not over 130cc we are fine. I been stopped by the police and the park systems and never had a problem. I even get my bike pass for the Glacier Drum line and state paths. They just get mad cause I am disrupting their quiet time and also they "think" they know the laws lol. Wisconsin is pretty lenient with their laws but are very specific about them. Which I hope never changes :)
...that's a good idea to carry a printed copy of the local laws because these bikes, and the laws that govern them, are still obscure enough that not all police know the applicable laws and we all know there is a very tiny percentage of police that will abuse their power, lol.

...it's always a good idea to CYA if possible.

'It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!' ...regardless of what the 'it' might be.

peace, bozo

...btw, cool video, it looks like it was a great day for a ride.

Steomi

Mar 23, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Police abuse power rotfl I have had a few like that but once I hand them the papers and they take 20 minutes to read everything they get a little upset but I am on my way lol

'It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!' ...regardless of what the 'it' might be.
Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks

Steomi

Mar 23, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Larry thanks for the info. I was also looking into those solar chargers I seen on television, just haven't gotten that far yet. How is the vibration on the bars with your phone?