New here. May build new bike, here's some pics on my idea. Maybe you can help.

GoldenMotor.com

MiamiHeat87

Nov 29, 2010
Miami, FL
Hey, I was looking for a "help building a bike" sort of section but I figure I just use the forum that seem more applicable to the type of bike I want.

Right now I may buy a pre-assembled or build one. As for building I have some needs and want to ask for all of you experienced guys help.

First requirement, I want a more modern looking bike such as:

Second requirement, is having good storage. These bikes have either front luggage rack, a large luggage rack, or just a regular back luggage rack. I would hope I can attach a front luggage rack or buy a inexpensive bicycle with one (not the expensive Kilo or Viva) and have good rear luggage as well:

Lastly, headlights and turn signal / rear light if possible that look good or blend in with the bike. The first bike I posted a picture has them as if you go here you can see the bicycle with headlight as well:http://files.roxer.com/user/redrockcycles/5521b7319bba07e0bff2b0f583549d56.jpg

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
well when it comes to a bike that you want to put a motor on you get what you pay for which is why my 80 dollar cranbrook from walmart only has stock frame and handle bars. everything else has been replaced, i also made it a trike. my first mb was a roadmaster also from walmart, the rims were junk that i love trail riding so i was warping the rims left and right. My sugestion is find a frame you like and build it up than you can put what ever you want on it and make it look the way you want it too.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Doesn't look to me like a engine will fit in that frame without some serious fabrication. Are you using a china girl?

Namida

Dec 5, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
well first of all, i found out what those headlights are "Smart BL-201 Halogen Twin System" and they are discontinued and cannot find anything similar so... i was going to try to fit the engine in it, if not i have a back up bike to mod.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
well first of all, i found out what those headlights are "Smart BL-201 Halogen Twin System" and they are discontinued and cannot find anything similar so... i was going to try to fit the engine in it, if not i have a back up bike to mod.
using a suspended frame will make it much harder to motorise. Most are built on hardtail designs.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
You'll need a very effective tensioner if the sprocket length relationship changes through the travel, I mean really effective! If not it won't keep the chain on for more than a block.

Thephx1911

Dec 9, 2012
You'll need a very effective tensioner if the sprocket length relationship changes through the travel, I mean really effective! If not it won't keep the chain on for more than a block.
The only thing I can think that might work & would probably still need some mods would be a DAX rear side Chain or friction drive set up. Hard to tell from the pic's. just a thought.