SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Sat April 7th 2012 Grange Racetrack!!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
No worries mate, I take no offense to what anyone says around here.....it's all good fun. I don't have to worry about gettin my undies in a bunch either, you can guess why ;)

My bike weighs well over 100lbs. and is no picnic to pedal with the tall gearing and a CVT working against you......to pedal either of our bikes around that track would be more than a tough work out.

As far as you guys building more of a race type bike, why? Roland was smokin fast on his dark green mo-sheen, I see no need to go any faster than he was in his finals! And you should have gotten a prize for the loudest bike at the event.......honestly ear piercing LOUD!

You really do need to take my bike for a spin so you can feel the power and high-center of gravity it has to offer, seriously. Take care, see ya in the pits!

dnut

Hey Scotto, Ha Ha!!!! I wasn't even referring to you, so save it!

Any way, some of the bikes you big displacement class guys build have pedals that really aren't (you guys know who you are).

I think this is all for fun, any way, so that's why I don't get my undies in a bunch over any of it.

Another thing, and this is for you, Scotto. Our bikes weigh 150# dry. We bring them down here to have fun with you guys, and that's the way it should be.

Both Roland and I are building actual race bikes, for ****s and giggles, that are more comparable in weight to the rest of you. Because I don't have binocular vision, and am near sighted also, I'm sticking with the 49cc class putt potting around (loudly!!)

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Yea, I can imagine the drag that CVT has on pedaling your bike. The experience I had as a kid in Alaska pushing a broken down snowmobile taught me about the drag!!!

Any way, the loss of about 50 pounds off our bikes, to bring them into the 100 pound zone, would be sweet! We've actually weighed our bikes, and the extra 50 lbs or so over the average MB weight makes them really nice on long rides and bad roads. Last Sat. I rode 110 miles, and didn't even feel it!! (had a quiet street pipe on, though)

I'd be interested in riding your bike in October, as I see both pros and cons to the short wheelbase and high CG. I think you would be equally entertained with riding one of our bikes, as they are way more long haul cruisers than racers. Heavy, stable, and very predictable handling.
Oh, as far as pedaling one of our bikes, even the full auto version has a no drag neutral position, so your only fighting the weight.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You two guys have some of the classiest and most beautiful bikes at these events, they are real show stoppers! I'd love to take anyone of them for a spin at a future event.

(and as we all know, a low CG is where it's at........aim low! was joking about the high CG ;) )

Cheers!

Last edited:

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Should we build a bike for the unlimited class??
What do you think?

As far as you guys building more of a race type bike, why? Roland was smokin fast on his dark green mo-sheen, I see no need to go any faster than he was in his finals! And you should have gotten a prize for the loudest bike at the event.......honestly ear piercing LOUD!

dnut

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
By the way it's only 40 days to the next premiere motorized bicycle race
back at the most challenging fun track in SoCal and everyone will be on
an even footing because we are running the track backwards which is
clockwise.
Gonna be like racing at a new virgin track!
Egnarg Motor Circuit! :D

Sat June 2nd will be the only time racing clockwise this year!

Should we build a bike for the unlimited class??
What do you think?
You mean the 11 HP class right?
I think that your 114 cc Mid Range bike would have been pretty competitive
in the 11 HP class at the last April 7th race if you hadn't of had that electrical problem.

Unlimited class is anything over 11.99 HP or breaks the few rules
by not having working pedals or by using a motorcycle tire.

Last edited:

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Hey Neil, I think Roland's bike got stage fright!!;) It hasn't skipped a beat since. We were kinda bummed, because it would have been fun giving the big bikes a run for their money:-||

Oh well, we'll be back in October for sure. Looking forward to more big fun!!