micargi hero 20"

GoldenMotor.com

Roscoe458

Apr 9, 2012
Memphis
My next build I was thinking about slapping at 66cc 2 stroke on a micargi hero 20". I know it will be tight fit but I've seen it done before. My question is would I need a different sprocket other than the stocked one that comes with most kits. Why, or why not? If so where can I get one and what would I need. THANKS!

Here's an example of what I've seen
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-10337746512064_2202_570371

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
A smaller sprocket is desired because the Hero only has a 20" wheel. Wheel size affects the gearing. With a 26" wheel, the stock kit sprocket (usually 44T) nets 26MPH @ 6000RPM. With a 20" wheel, that becomes 20MPH. You'd need a 34T sprocket on a 20" wheel to match that ratio.

I can't help you with where to get one, I'm not up to date on the best place to get sprockets for that setup.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
check out pirate cycles for sprocket and adapter,bgf ebay for stock style 36t.pirate has built one for sale they may tell you thier secrets to set up.good luck on build.

Roscoe458

Apr 9, 2012
Memphis
Thx for the tips guys! I figured I would need a smaller sprocket but I don't really understand how the adapter works with a smaller sprocket or why you need it. Can someone help me out and explain. Like why could I not just buy a smaller sprocket and just put it on a bike?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Roscoe458

BGF has a 32T that works great on the stock rag joint that comes in the engine kits, I have one of these exact sprockets on one of my bikes.

Hope this helps you out on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-b...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a15c94b21

Peace, Map

Thx for the tips guys! I figured I would need a smaller sprocket but I don't really understand how the adapter works with a smaller sprocket or why you need it. Can someone help me out and explain. Like why could I not just buy a smaller sprocket and just put it on a bike?