lights that run off the white wire no battery needed

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Skull ring for sale with paint and brush.

I got Norms Lights, in a box in front of me. I'm about to get after it putting them together. The light case looks good, esp the rear taillight. The headlight case looks like it will take paint well, but I'm going to just leave mine black.

I have the skull ring and a few little skulls (flat, shaped like the skulls on the ring), unused, plus paint and brush suggested by Norman, for sale.
Norm said the mold has broken, and no more will be made. $20, shipped cheapest (like USPS priority mail box) to continental US only. I like it but I am happy with the light just out of the box and don't want to fool with it. I'll send copy of instructions so you don't bust it (has to be heated in hot water to fit.
.we.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
The little lights work brilliantly! I tried mine out this morning. I need to adjust the spark gap, but it worked even with a big gap, after warming the engine up and taking off.

Be careful: If your engine stalls due to spark gap too wide/low engine speed, take caution when flipping the light switch off. When the bike restarts, it may surge, causing you to steer inadvertently and upsetting the bike.

While I was at it, I took AussieSteve's advice and ran the killswitch wires to the white wire as well as the light.

The Norms light comes with three small wires. If you mark them well, you can braid them loosely to give a little strain relief and help de-clutter your wiring. Plus, it looks really nice.

I came up with a nice way to mount the rear light to a standard rear rack:

I removed the bezel and drilled corresponding holes for the screws and wires.
I taped the wires for protection, and used locknuts on the back of the plate (58ct junction box cover from Home Desperate. hahaha)

Last edited:

SAVAGE

May 6, 2009
CHICAGO,ILLINOIS
how you doing norm i was wondering if you are still making the lights cuz i really would like to have a set of your lights, and i was wondering if the lights inner workings can be tranfered from one housing to another cuz i have a chrome housing on my bike i would like to keep (asthetic reasons) just wondering .

SAVAGE

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
sure you can do that it wouldn't be any problem as long as the bulb I use will fit in
your light housing.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Yes I still make them and need to make some I've been doing lots of other stuff lately. Been making a metal shaper and repairing a leak on my Harley. So I haven't been on here much and missed a bunch of things on the forum.
PM me I'll see those more easily.
Norman

Last edited: