What's your other ride?

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Third time is the charm, I like 4Runners.
Nice! I'm a Toyota fan and I'm digging that front bumper. I still own my 93 T100 that I bought new and handed it down to my son who of course hit a pole on his first week of driving. haha
Who makes that bumper because I hope they can make one for myson's truck.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Yes, thanks guys, bumper made this thing tough looking. Don't get many drivers coming into my lane any more.
http://shrockworks.com/
They are HEAVY steel. 150lbs?
Was a 6 month wait back a few (5? ... allready) years ago, they are supposed to have moved and are all in house cutting welding now.
The newer version looks even better, don't know if they lightened them up any.

I did a rear aluminum Aluminess bumper, it weighs 60lbs.

There are a lot of aftermarket bumpers out now, seems like over the last 5-10years or so it has exploded.

Check out these guys.
https://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php
sickidy

I think I would go aluminum front now if I was doing it.

This T4R was made to get me there and back again. (wherever 'there' may be)
Nothing too crazy, 2 inch lift, tires, K&N, bumpers, winch, lights and rack.

These guys made me do it.
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/index.php
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/

I will warn you it may be contagious.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I enjoy... odd things. MB's scratch my itch for weirdness, but that's not where it started.

I can't just be like everyone else. I have to do my own thing. Mustangs, camaros, WRX, whatever. They're all the same. Like my dad used to say: "You can't swing a dead cat and not hit a (insert whatever common sports car)"

So yeah, I could have a 4 or 500 HP camaro or mustang, but that makes me yawn. Boooring.

One of my cars is a 1988 convertible Rx7. You don't see many of those around. It was also my first car. I bought it in 2004 when I got out of high school. We've been through 3 engines and 3 transmissions so far. That's because I couldn't ever get enough of it. 400bhp from a 1.3liter engine and I still wanted more. So it broke. It's awaiting a new lease on life again. And it'll get it.. eventually.

My other ride is a bit more obscure, and I'd be surprised if anyone here knows anything about it.

A 1992 Oldsmobile Achievable SCX. Production was limited to 1146 in '92, and only 500 in '93. GM only produced them for 2 years, and only for the purpose of racing them as "showroom stock".

Equipped with a 2.3L 4 cylinder that produced 190 naturally-aspirated horses and a 5 speed manual transaxle (yes, FWD) that was made by a team-up effort from Getrag and Muncie.

It's all original. My dad bought it new in '92. My brother bought it from him in 2000, and when it died finally, my brother just gave it to me... in pitiful shape. So I have been spending the last couple years restoring it to its former glory. It's perfect for me. Gets zero attention, but is ultra rare and weird. Talk about hard to find parts! Holy cripe they're hard to come by.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Here are most my "other" rides...
1986 Nissan 4x4 pickup... all the work done on this one is inside and under the hood...

1990 Nissan 300zx
This one has been in my stable since 1998 so it has every upgrade you can think of...
It's also had the hood and nose painted to match and the flames have been taken off recently...

2004 Mustang (sold)

1999 Suzuki Intruder 1400... Lots of upgrades to the engine, and custom paint by... me

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
And here are the other 2...

1999 Harley Sportster... custom paint by me, lowered 3" in rear, drag pipes, lots of other upgrades, but awaiting installation of firebox heads and 10.5:1 pistons along with a set of Andrews cam's

And finally... 2001 Buell blast... mostly stock but it has a custom drag pipe made from a Jardin header and a screaming eagle muffler off a big twin... the carb has also been upgraded and a few other more subtle upgrades... the purple Harley in the background is the green one in the pic above...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Those are some fun bikes for sure...top speed is only about 100 mph but it gets there quick and it handles the turns like a dream. It feels more like you're on a dirt bike than a street bike tho because it's really light.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Is it still the rule that "He who dies with the most toys, wins" ?

Tom
Lol... I try to play that game as much as possible... but I still want a few more toys... like maybe a Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually with a few upgrades.... I just fixed a friend's truck and this big giant 9000lb truck with a bed Full of junk and I did a 4th gear pull in it from about 25mph to 60 mph which happened almost instantly with me pinned to the back of the seat... I know he's done a few upgrades like bigger injectors, 5" exhaust from the turbo back, fuel pump upgrade and a few others, but this truck is FAST!!
After we fixed the throttle position sensor and replaced a badly worn fan shaft bearing he offered to let me drive it again where I could really open it up but I passed on it asking him to give my mechanic a ride in it... even a few hours later he comes to me telling me "man I'm still freaking out on how fast your friend's truck is" lol
Anyway, I've driven my share of late model Ford and Dodge diesel's and they are very impressive just in stock trim, but to drive one that's making just shy of 500hp at 1700 rpm which means somewhere around 1500ft/lb torque is just mind blowing when ya know the thing weighs around 10,000 pounds and it can still smoke a corvette from 0 to 60...

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
do boats count??
i got this thing years ago. the guy had it in his truck, full of pop cans, and was on his way to the dump.
it was in HORRIBLE shape, someone had used house paint on it, holes, etc...
i asked him how much he expected to get and he said about $50. so i said how about i give you 50 for the boat and you can still sell the cans, he took the offer.
the same guy offered me $1500 a year later, he didn't even know it was the same boat.
it actually predates the hin/vin system, no numbers or plate anywhere.
the guys at the dmv sent me across the street to the state police for an inspection. they signed off on it and i went back across the street to the dmv and got my title.
it has 3 gas and 2 electric motors and has been on every body of water within a 100 mile radius.
with the nissan 4 stroke on, it will practically jump right out of the water.

Attachments

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Is it still the rule that "He who dies with the most toys, wins" ?

Tom
Nope. Not for a long time.

"He who wears out the most toys wins"

I have seen plenty of guys in their 70's with real nice toys - in like new condition.

I came to the conclusion that worn out toys count double. I have a friend in San Diego that nails worn out sport shoes to his garage wall. His garage is full of nearly worn out toys - scuba gear, mountain bikes, surfboards, camping gear, go karts... He is never home on a weekend.

I need to put fresh tires on my Barracuda - they seem to go bald quickly...