Spark plug or ?

GoldenMotor.com

longbeach95

Oct 16, 2013
long beach California
My motorized cruiser all of a sudden won't turn on like I release the clutch and throttle and it dies down slowly.I ran 2 ounces of two stroke oil in a Gallon mix.I'm thinking maybe its the spark plug? The cap rubber thing that goes over it is really lose and kind of torn a bit. If it is the spark plug how much would it be for one from AutoZone? And how do I replace the cover thingy I know how to replace the spark plug but thr cover is attached to the small black box.Please someone let me know asap thanks I'm a newbie lol

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like you're seizing the piston with that 64:1 mix

if the engine is new, take it up to 8oz per gallon for a tank or two, if not new, try 4 oz per gallon for a 32:1 mix

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
8oz of oil is WAY TOO MUCH.

6oz is as much as you should EVER use for breaking in mix and even that much is not necessary.
I know that's a lot, and it will slow down the breakin process a bit, but I've seen some of these come from the factory so rough that they want to score the cylinder with big chunks that ride the rings for a bit before smoothing out - 8oz for a while till it smooths a bit internally might prevent this.

These POS engines need all the help they can get : )

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
My motorized cruiser all of a sudden won't turn on like I release the clutch and throttle and it dies down slowly.I ran 2 ounces of two stroke oil in a Gallon mix.I'm thinking maybe its the spark plug? The cap rubber thing that goes over it is really lose and kind of torn a bit. If it is the spark plug how much would it be for one from AutoZone? And how do I replace the cover thingy I know how to replace the spark plug but thr cover is attached to the small black box.Please someone let me know asap thanks I'm a newbie lol
You should definately put a new boot on the plug wire, the stock ones are not very good. Do a search for 'change plug boot', and you should find the answers pretty easily.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="longbeach95]I'm thinking maybe its the spark plug? The cap rubber thing that goes over it is really lose and kind of torn a bit. If it is the spark plug how much would it be for one from AutoZone? And how do I replace the cover thingy I know how to replace the spark plug but thr cover is attached to the small black box.[/QUOTE]
If come over to my shop in North OC I will give you a new wire and plug cap and check your bike out for you. :)