aluminium or copper bottom gaskets?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the bottom end gasket isn't subjected to the extreme heat as the head gasket, so there's no need for aluminum or copper.

i use grey gasket material for mine and never had a problem.

it comes in a roll for a couple bucks at any auto parts store.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just had to add that this site has an abundance of info on the how to's for just about anything, might want to put juice moto parts in yer book marks.

zippinaround

Aug 10, 2013
Ireland
ya i know its not needed but i noticed the paper ones swell after a while and end up blocking the transfer ports slightly. yes truckd i checked out that site before unfortunately they don't deliver to ireland or at least there site won't provide a shipping method

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Actually you can go without a cylinder to case gasket completely. Use a gasoline resistant/compatible sealant and make sure there is a good layer on the contacting surfaces. Torque the head down properly, 120 to 140 inch pounds and check the torque after a couple of heat/cool cycles. The cylinder head to cylinder is a different story. There you need a gasket and a flat surface to get a good seal. Soft aluminum or copper will suffice. Sealers are not required for a head gasket properly installed.

Tom

zippinaround

Aug 10, 2013
Ireland
Really! I have seen a couple of posts about people not using gaskets but I figured if it wasn't needed then the chinese surely woulda left em out to reduce cost. Anywho I ordered a sheet of the gasket material I posted above will just try that . Thanks for the info tho.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I agree with 2 door 100% and I tried it on one of my motors but even with 2 head gaskets my piston hit my head that said I was useing a puch 50cc hihi head so if I had been useing a fred head or a stock head it would have most likely worked.