BMX with 80cc motor. Deadlybmxs offline =(

GoldenMotor.com

blockustomz

Aug 23, 2013
florida
I'm building my rear mount 80cc BMX bike on a Mongoose.. After the photo was taken i put everything on but the ghetto bottom mount i made is not going to work.. Soon as i drop the clutch, chain comes loose. DeadlyBMXs has a really nice bottom motor mount that i wish i could get but they are no longer online.. Did they move somewhere else? Is there another?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyHw3Ck688

I dont have access to a welder or else i work make my own. But if you guys have any ideas let me know.. Home Depot is right down the street.

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm building my rear mount 80cc BMX bike on a Mongoose.. After the photo was taken i put everything on but the ghetto bottom mount i made is not going to work.. Soon as i drop the clutch, chain comes loose. DeadlyBMXs has a really nice bottom motor mount that i wish i could get but they are no longer online.. Did they move somewhere else? Is there another?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyHw3Ck688

I dont have access to a welder or else i work make my own. But if you guys have any ideas let me know.. Home Depot is right down the street.
If you dont have the tools to do fabrication I would suggest that you just find a nice 26" cruiser bike and mid mount the engine in the frame, no way you'll ever get that build done right without the ability to weld up the proper mounting hardware.

Best of luck with whatever you do.

Map

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The carb is higher than the tank so it will need a pump of some kind.
Hope you get it sorted out because it looks cool as heck!
Gonna need a tiny sprocket to get any kind of top end too with the 20" wheel.

robert0508

Apr 28, 2009
kerrville
at the start of vid you can just see a bracket of some kind under the engine, also the carb has an intake to make it flat and put it under the gas tank a bit, lastly the gear on the rear wheel is tiny, about the size of the rag joint.