HELP! (brisbane, australia)

GoldenMotor.com

Taz

Aug 18, 2012
Australia
So my HD shift kit arrived today, needless to say its a bit over my head and i would rather pay someone else to put it all together than try and guess most of it - the warning on the shift kit instructions was the confirmation for me haha.

SO
Is there anyone off this forum in Brisbane, Australia that has done this before? I need the engine kit and shift kit installed, and am willing to pay handsomely to do so.
Funnily enough i am a mechanic by trade, can rip apart and put back together any engine yet installing this kit is too head scratching for me to bother.

Cheers

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There ain't nothin' to it, but to do it! ;)

The best advice I can give you about installing a shifter kit is to follow the instructions closely (& don't stray from them)! Everything needs to be installed in a certain order.

Taz

Aug 18, 2012
Australia
Thanks for the tips guys.
Yea I looked at the vidwo briefly, thinking ir won't be top hard, its the engine kit itself I'm a bit hazy on as the instructions I got are wrong for this model. Have to guess most of it. Then there's the whole crank removal, freewheel crank removal etc It would just be SO much easier paying someone than spend hours on just researching how to do it, after my headset troubles I've given up.
So offer is still there I'd anyone is keen!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Where are you at? Im at Redcliffe (40min North of Brisbane).....I wouldnt feel comfortable charging someone, but would be more then happy to help if you cant find anyone.

Or do what you can then post pics for advice. Very helpful people here always willing to help.

IMO i think installing the kit should be compulsory. An install makes you familiar with the kit and how it works. Please dont take this the wrong way but if you dont know how to install the engine you are unlikely to keep your bike on the road for very long. These things usually need constant adjustments to keep them on the road.

**** Just a warning Taz, in case you werent aware..... all internal combuation engined motorized bikes are illegal in Queensland so be careful

Taz

Aug 18, 2012
Australia
Hey Harry
Yea I'm more than happy to put it in myself, I would even prefer it but with my current understanding of bicycles that will be difficult.
Would rather someone who does know what they're doing supervise me and guide e at least so I get the idea, half the stuff I just got I have no idea what it does lol.
How bout one weekend i being the kit up and you can supervise me and tell me what I'm doing wrong haha. I'll bring a case up with e as well for your efforts ;)

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah we can do that if you wish. I do however do shiftwork and work some weekends so we can see how we go. PM me when you are ready and we can try and make a time. Im no expert and have never fitted a shift kit so be warned, but dont believe it would be all that hard.

Otherwise in the meantime post some pics of the bits you are unsure about, its all fairly basic stuff, dont be intimidated.

What sort of frame are you using? Is it standard bicycle frame diameter (not oversized)?

Taz

Aug 18, 2012
Australia
Same here, maybe one day something will line up.
I must be running some kind of oversize frame on the bottom tube, as the motor mount wouldnt fit around the tube, i have ground off the rods, and am boring out the mount to make it fit (it was fairly close) and have bought a large aftermarket mount which ill have to figure out how to put on as well lol. Bought the bike as it was the perfect size, there will be no wasted space in the frame :D
Will try and tackle mounting the motor and getting stuff done hopefully later this week