Pirate Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I've ben to pirate cycles lately. When your in their shop the phone never stops ringing, and they are flooded with over 100 pms and e-mails a day . Usually their is only 1 person in the store because they have full time jobs. I found Wed.after 3pmET they are both usually their. That's probably your best chance of talking to some one.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'll throw in my two cents here... To this very day, I've never had a single problem with any order I've placed with Pirate Cycles.
I always double check all my info to be sure there aren't any problems with my payment or with shipping, & I've always received my parts in a few days! (^)

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Oops, I guess I missed that they are closed Mondays. My mistake. I did call during their east coast hours on Saturday though. I'll try Tuesday.

From here.. http://www.piratecycles1.com/contactinfo.html
Phone at the shop

508-839-1100

Hours of Operation

Sunday-Monday Closed

Tuesday 10-6

Wednesday 10-6

Thursday 10-8

Friday 10-6

Saturday 10-3
Perhaps figure in that you are in a different time zone than them them? ;)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Actually, his last post was almost a year ago so I'm guessing he probably won't be reading my pm very soon.
The way that P.M's work is when the fellow logs on... the forum tells him/her they have a message. A Email...So he logged on just yesterday. See how this message system works yet? Pretty easy!

Watch this I just sent you a P.M. Door Bells ringing!!

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I've ben to pirate cycles lately. When your in their shop the phone never stops ringing, and they are flooded with over 100 pms and e-mails a day . Usually their is only 1 person in the store because they have full time jobs. I found Wed.after 3pmET they are both usually their. That's probably your best chance of talking to some one.
I'll try that if I don't get through Tuesday. Thanks.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Huh? I just gave it to you on post #18 like back one page.
How did you miss that? Are you sure you are calling the right # ? ;)
It wasn't obvious to me that you were giving me his handle so I missed that on the first reading. There are actually two numbers on the website. One is listed on the order status page ((508)756-1125) and is disconnected but for some reason when I dial it with my Magicjack it just rings and rings. Later when I tried a regular phone I got the "no longer in service" message. I was calling that and the 508-839-1100 number. I did try both numbers a couple of times each time. Well I've pm'd him and I'll try phoning tomorrow.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I phoned Pirate Cycles this morning and got through so all is good. He received our sprocket adapter and has already shipped the correct one. I guess I just called when they were really busy on Saturday. I never did get any email replies from him. The lessons I've learned here are:

a. Don't even bother with email when you are trying to communicate with a small business like Pirate Cycles. They are probably way too busy to look through their emails.

b. Sometimes you need to dial several times to get through. A full mailbox probably means they are very busy.

c. Double check which days they are open. I called on Monday and they are closed Mondays.

I really appreciate everyone's help here and hope this thread helps someone else who is frustrated when dealing with a vendor.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I ordered a Massload Double Kickstand from them this past Friday the 13th.
I received it on Monday the 16th.
Wicked fast shipping!
I also got a Pirate Cycles sticker and a few business cards tossed in the box for free too.
I am a very happy customer!

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I have found out they do not ship on Saturdays, and I didn't get a tracking number until the day my engine arrived . the time before that when I get a tracking number it was missing a digit .Don't get me wrong I love there products for when they get the ball all the way down to the court it's like to drop it.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Tell me if I am being unreasonable here. I ordered a gasket from them, and I have two issues. Number one, the picture shown is of an exhaust gasket that is aluminum sided front and back, yet the gasket I received is not aluminum sided. I basically feel that I did not get what I paid for. Number two, I paid $5 for the gasket and $1.50 for shipping. So in the box is a note saying that the box cost 5 times what the gasket does. So that is basically telling me that I paid them $5 for a $0.30 gasket? Thats not cool. Am I really being unreasonable, or do I have a right to be upset?

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
This is what I think is happening with there shipping prices. Since USPS has flat rate shipping ( fast shipping) prices . We are stuck paying for them. So USPS will just pick up those boxs from there location. But that is what I think. So I could be wrong.
Now with there phones I notice that they answer there own phones. Sometimes they could be very busy and don't answer or turn on the answering machine. For a couple of hours. But they will always answer there phone later. So don't be in a hurry for them to answer.
I also had a small misunderstanding with them. I was ordering a PC intake for the CNS carburetor. And I was told that they do make the intake for the CNS. When I got the intake it was for the NT carburetor. I call them them and he told me that was the CNS carburetor and that they only make one type of intake. I explain that the (custom CNS carb is wider. And he explain that they only make one type of carb. So I just hung up with him and counted my losses.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Hey butterbean, your right on the money. I checked the site and ran the gasket. It calls only for a $1.00 shipping to me in st.Louis,mo but hers what I think. I bought a PK-80 MOTOR ONLY and a pullstarter on this one order. They told me they would "BREAK A KIT" to sell me motor only for $125.00shipped. This is where some of the stock parts come from . Your metal gasket is what came on my PK-80. Now about my pullstarter that was on that order. They told they order it from their supplier and it would be in a separate box at the same time . WHEN IT GOT HERE IT HAD "BGF"s address on it and here's the best of it ,IT WAS THE plastic piece of crap 1 . They get a lot spare parts from Rick Shi. Had I known that I would have order the new all metal one off e-bay and got what I paid for. They told me send it back. I will only buy items from them I can't get eles where. BGF parts are good by me, motors **** no.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Its called "dropshipping" which basically means you can get it yourself,you just have to look harder. More like dropping sh!t from what I see and hear.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Well if that's the case, then it should say under certain items' descriptions, "Item pictured may not be exactly like item received." Then I would understand that I got something different than what's in the picture. I'm not buying from them ever again. If I cant get a part elsewhere, then I dont need it.