clutch from ****

GoldenMotor.com

haulin az

Jul 1, 2014
wv
whats wrong with my clutch?

for some reason my clutch wont grab enough to turn over the bike. the clutch lever works however it does not fully disengage, to roll freely. the pads looked ok. so i turn the flower nut till i couldn't, now the screw stick out big time and the clutch arm is all the way under my carburetor.

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
the clutch arm is on a spline you can remove it and change it's position.
as to the rest someone more knowledgeable will answer you.
Norm has some great manuals here and welcome to the site.

The google bar above let's you search the site for what you need to know
mostly:)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Start here > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

You didn't say if the bike ever ran or if you've ridden it. If this is the first time install the problem was more than likely the clutch cable being too tight. Too bad you started adjusting the flower nut before checking the simple things. Now you'll have to start from scratch with your adjustments. It is rare for the flower nut to be that far out of adjustment from the factory. It's one of the things they seem to get right most of the time.

The cable tension is important. Pay close attention to the instructions in the link I provided. Let us know how things work out for you.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How many miles on the engine? Maybe you have a worn-down bucking bar?
Actually Jonny, if the bucking bar is worn his clutch wouldn't disengage properly. The OP's problem is his clutch isn't fully engaging, slipping. His is a worn pad or adjustment problem, maybe both. But we need to know how many miles are on his engine.

Tom