GTC TC2 1002P torque converter for 212cc Pred

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
SOLD!

Never used torque converter full kit for the 212cc HF Predator 4-stroke engine that can't be returned because I painted the blue base black before I released I couldn't use it on a 79cc pred build.

This is where I bought it.
http://gokartsusa.com/Comet-TAV2-GTC-Torque-Converter-Predator.aspx

This is the e-mail receipt.

I'll take $195 cash in hand picked up, any other payment fees or shipping is out of your pocket as I just bought the Q-matic kit for the 79cc for $300 out of my pocket (ouch).

I am located in North Phoenix, AZ 85021

This is the build with 79cc Pred, a Macargi 29" Fatal Love I wanted to use this tranny on.

I wanted to mount it straight but the hole and bolt they supplied would not work.

Anyway we thought we could 'make it go', dremmeled the notch nice so a socket would fit, and painted the base with a few coats of black PlastiKote High Temp engine paint.

Drop me an E if interested [email protected]

I can't see the 212 perd with this tranny being a practical bike drive but it would sure make for a cool little 4-wheel desert romping toy... Hummm... I'll take $195 now but I may just keep it around to make something new and different ;-}

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I still have this new torque converter for the 212cc Predator engine.

Make me an offer as I really need to get rid of it.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I can't see the 212 perd with this tranny being a practical bike drive but it would sure make for a cool little 4-wheel desert romping toy... Hummm... I'll take $195 now but I may just keep it around to make something new and different ;-}
Just curious why this transmission would not be practical for the 212cc engine. Do you think the engine would make too much power for it?

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Just curious why this transmission would not be practical for the 212cc engine. Do you think the engine would make too much power for it?

Gilbert
I think its the best option for the 212cc on a street bike. The transmission can't be beat for off the line and top end comfort without spinning hi rpm's.

You run one Gilbert, what do you think

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The GTC on a 212cc is da BOMB! If you use it for racing..you'll get the hole shot hands down. If you run the 212cc stock, you should have nothing but fun with that set-up. Ask me how I know?

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I think KC has a typo in his first post. Sounds like he bought the GTC which is for the 212, but he is building a 79cc and therefore cannot use this torque converter.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I think KC has a typo in his first post. Sounds like he bought the GTC which is for the 212, but he is building a 79cc and therefore cannot use this torque converter.
I bought a 212 and the GTC and couldn't fit it on the bike so I returned the 212 for a 79.

As atombikes said it wouldn't fit the 79 so I bought a much thinner Q-matic and would have returned the GTC but I painted it so no go.

That build turned out rather nice by the way.

That is 1.2 gallon Wizzer tank by the way ;-}

Gilbert
Heavens no, that auto shifting torque converter is a beast that could probably take 20 HP.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
SOLD!

Thanks Norm, my wife took it to work to ship today, I'll E you the tracking number.

Scotto, nice 79 Q-matic build but is your exhaust still just a short tube aimed at your leg as shown in your pic?

We just cut the header off the stock exhaust and welded a piece of a 2-stroke Cat exhaust to it to tuck it back out of the way and that has worked well so far, in fact the customer contacted me recently to ask about the oil changing and raved on for like 5 minutes about how happy he is with what I built him.

I don't care who you are, you can't help but feel really good about how you do things when heaped with customer praise and I like it so that is why I build the way I do ;-}

It's not rocket science, it's just a little forethought and attention to details, and least that's what my pop's taught me and something I actually remember hehehe ;-}

Thanks again for taking the GTC off my hands Norm and you really scored a deal and I look forward to seeing what you do with it with a 212 Pred.

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I think its the best option for the 212cc on a street bike. The transmission can't be beat for off the line and top end comfort without spinning hi rpm's.

You run one Gilbert, what do you think
I love my comet-style clutch. I was asking about the combo with the 212 engine. I feel like I'm still on a quest for the perfect engine for my bike. I really love the briggs, but haven't been able to squeeze enough hp out of it to get to 50mph. I know 50 is not exactly safe, and I don't want to go 50 all the time, I just want to go 45 and not be maxed out.

And even though I have claimed in the past to not be competitive, the more I race, the more I crave a 1st place finish. I realize the 212 would put me in a different class, but the midrange class is getting crowded, and the 11hp class seems a little less populated.

Just trying to get more info and brainstorm. Maybe I'll have to try out a cheetah/bully style clutch.

Gilbert