Whats my motorized mountain bike worth?

GoldenMotor.com

deskman

Aug 29, 2012
california
Hello gang! I've had this bike for more than a year now and I have to say...I'm itching to build myself a real for real motorcycle. So I'm thinking about selling this bike and putting the money towards an old honda cb750. I've modded this bike quite and I'm wondering what I could realistically expect if I were to sell this sucka.

Here's an imgur album with pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/JOOad#0

Mods include...
#41 rolling chain, custom tensioner, 36 tooth sprocket, performance exhaust manifold, expansion chamber, lapped cylinder head, #66 jet, drilled air filter, ngk b6hs spark plug,new plug boot, freeflowing petcock, 1 gallon gas tank, 50w headlight and 30w tail light hooked up to a 12v SLA battery, mirror, rear crate, rear saddlebag, and a speedo.
EDIT: also ported intake and exhaust

I'd include my dot helmet as well as various other tools I've gotten specifically for this bike like the plastic gas tank etc.
All the paint is new, frame, tank, engine etc...

It runs beautifully, I've tinkered with it so much for the last year that I seem to have ironed out all the kinks. has maybe 2k miles on it. itll run comfortably at 35mph. The suspension on the front is very very nice, and the seat is very comfy.

I live in orange county, CA and it seems like motorized bikes go for around 700...however I believe my bike is worth a bit more than that. What could i expect for it?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
a lot of bikes may be priced on craigslist around 700, but not many actually sell for that. it'sa tough market.

there's a lot of junk posted for 300 or less, too.

my colson cruiser's on there right now for 1200, and i'll be lucky to get a grand for it.

most potential buyers don't know the difference between great, good, or junk bikes and think a $89 huffy with a stock motor kit is the same as something custom and well built, and don't wanna pay extra for quality.

and for some reason, motorbike ads get flagged and removed all the time.

trying to value your bike is hard because what you think it's worth doesn't matter to the buying public who don't care and don't know what went into building it.

realistically, if you can get 700 you're ahead of the game.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
a lot of bikes may be priced on craigslist around 700, but not many actually sell for that. it'sa tough market.

there's a lot of junk posted for 300 or less, too.

my colson cruiser's on there right now for 1200, and i'll be lucky to get a grand for it.

most potential buyers don't know the difference between great, good, or junk bikes and think a $89 huffy with a stock motor kit is the same as something custom and well built, and don't wanna pay extra for quality.

and for some reason, motorbike ads get flagged and removed all the time.

trying to value your bike is hard because what you think it's worth doesn't matter to the buying public who don't care and don't know what went into building it.

realistically, if you can get 700 you're ahead of the game.
I agree. people don't know or don't care what you have in it when they can go to craigslist and pick up a POS for $200 or $300