Hello from Northern Wisconsin

GoldenMotor.com

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
hi, I'm Roach. Currently I have a HT motor on an old Schwinn Collegiate. I chose this bike because the motor bolted on easily. But after reading some threads and riding the bike I have decided this isn't a good platform. Too weak tires and rims, heavy, no suspension. It's a really nice looking old bike tho. Must have been in a garage since 1974. Very good shape.

anyway now I'm in the process of building a new bike around a vintage frame with mountain bike fork and tires.

Hope to have some pics when completed.

Plindy

Dec 9, 2008
mn. usa.
Hi
The Birkie trail be nice to MB.

I google'd, ( birkie+trail+video's ).

I think they have it open for bikes. MB'S ?dnutdnut

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
So Plindy, where are you located? Not wishing to be nosy, but I'm hoping to get a ride together next summer at Bearhead State Park located on Bearhead Lake midway between Tower and Ely. It's a great state park with a beautiful paved road winding along to hwy 169. Sandy beach, and Ely is a tourist town with nice shops and good food. Sure would be nice to ride with some forum members.
SB

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
Hi
The Birkie trail be nice to MB.

I google'd, ( birkie+trail+video's ).

I think they have it open for bikes. MB'S ?dnutdnut
yeah there's a lot of trails and logging roads up there, not just the birkie. The Fat Tire Fest is coming up this weekend. sept 17-19. I don't think they allow motorbikes :) at least not the race. I think the Camba trails and logging roads should be open to motorbikes but the birkie trail is posted "no motorized vehicles."

Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival

Last edited:

Plindy

Dec 9, 2008
mn. usa.
yeah there's a lot of trails and logging roads up there, not just the birkie. The Fat Tire Fest is coming up this weekend. sept 17-19. I don't think they allow motorbikes :) at least not the race. I think the Camba trails and logging roads should be open to motorbikes but the birkie trail is posted "no motorized vehicles."

Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival
Roach,
Thank you for the info.

SB.
Was thinking I would try to get up to say hi this fall, but looks like your leaving before the cold and ice.

Me I live close to st.cloud, kinda!