"Worksman Sportsman Flyer" AVAILABLE NOW!!!

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hello Everybody,
I would like to introduce a new product I have been working on for some time now. Sportsman Flyer LLC has entered into a partnership with Worksman Cycles to supply a high quality AND affordable American made vintage style bicycle with a drop loop frame. Worksman Cycles supplies the tough rear frame triangle from the well known Worksman Industrial Newsboy bicycle to Sportsman Flyer and we then build the frame forward into a stretch and loop chassis similar in design to vintage motorcycles. All components to finish the bicycles then come from the Worksman Cycles parts bins including the famous Worksman wheels. The bicycles are assembled at and ship from the Worksman Factory in New York. With this partnership we can now offer volume pricing and larger quantities of pedal bicycles. So here is the official release straight from Worksman Cycles:

WORKSMAN FLYER “CRUISER” & “BOARD TRACK RACER” BIKES ARE AVAILABLE – NOW!
Worksman Cycles has partnered with the most popular name in gas-powered motorized bicycles – Sportsman Flyer – to build the ultimate ‘dropped down-tube’ cruisers around. This bike is available in two base versions, but both are fully customizable to suit your needs:
WORKSMAN FLYER “CRUISER” by SPORTSMAN FLYER

Worksman Sportsman Flyer Cruiser ONLY $499! by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

The Worksman Flyer “Cruiser” is the heavy-duty Worksman Classic Cruiser using Sportsman’s customized version of our classic Newsboy frame. It is slightly longer than our standard frame and, of course, features the famous dropped down-tube perfectly crafted by Sportsman Flyer. Worksman 10” Cruiser Saddle (shown) is standard. $499 / SCB-SF
(Please note that the production version includes a chainguard, which is not shown.)

WORKSMAN FLYER “BTR” BOARD-TRACK-RACER by SPORTSMAN FLYER

Worksman Sportsman Flyer BTR ONLY $999! by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

The Worksman Flyer “BTR” Board Track Racer is the ultimate low-slung board track cruiser! It features the same frame as the standard Worksman Flyer Cruiser, but includes the laid-back seat post, dropped handlebar, and double-sprung dual-leg fork as standard equipment. Worksman Sport Saddle (shown) is standard. Get low! $949 / SCB-SF-BTR
(The frame plate and tool box shown above are optional. Please note that the production version includes a chainguard, which is not shown.)

STANDARD “CRUISER” AND “BTR” FEATURES:
Worksman Cycles famous 26” steel clincher rims 11 gauge (.120”) spokes
One-piece cranks 3/16” chain
Shimano Coaster Brake Worksman “Knockout” Front Hub
Fully lugged frame harp Worksman brand black-wall tires
Worksman Double-Coil saddle

CRUISER OPTIONS: (Standard on BTR)
Sportsman Laid-Back Seat Post $30 / 4908-SF-U
Sportsman Dropped Handlebar $145 / 55-SF-U
*OR*
Wide Cruiser Bar (27”) $4 / H4
Classic Springer Fork (Not shown) $55 / FRS
*OR*
Double-Spring Dual Leg Fork (Shown) $175 / FRSD

“CRUISER” & “BTR” OPTIONS, UPGRADES, AND “ADD-ONS”: (Not standard on either model.)
FRAME & BUILD UPGRADES
Sportsman Frame Panel (Does not fit standard Worksman INB frame.) $60 / 7200-SF-PANEL
Sportsman Round Low-Profile Seat Clamp $18 / 4911-SF-U
Sportsman Tool Box $150 / 6009-SF
36 tooth Front Sprocket (44 tooth front / 22 tooth rear is standard) NO CHARGE / N14
Sealed Cranks $45 / L1265U
Alloy Block Pedals $18 / N18

WHEEL UPGRADES
Drum Brake Hub (Front) $75 / C6
Alloy Rims & Stainless Spokes $55 / AR26
Painted Steel Rims $60 / PW2
2 Speed Kickback Sturmey Archer Hub $95 / C8B2SPD
3 Speed Shimano Nexus Hub $95 / C8B

TIRE & TUBE UPGRADES
White Wall Tires $14 / L8
Solid White Tires $14 / L8SW
Cream Schwalbe Fat Franks Tires $75 / FF26B-C
Brown Schwalbe Fat Franks Tires $75 / FF26B-T
Puncture Resistant Tubes $17 / L3A

SEAT & GRIP UPGRADES
Extra Wide 13” Seat with Springs $20 / N19
Brooks Honey Seat $129.99 / N19-BFS-H
Brooks Honey Grips $90 / N19-BGH
Brooks Aged Dark Tan Seat $134.99 / N19-BFS-DT
Brooks Aged Dark Tan Grips $90 / N19-BGT
Worksman Tan Leather Seat and Grips $50 / N19TL
Worksman Brown Sport Saddle with White/Brown Grips $25 / N19BRW
Worksman Cream Sport Saddle with Black/Cream Grips $25 / N19CRM

Standard (No Charge) Frame Finishes:
- Raw (Unpainted, no clear coat, and no rust warranty upon receipt of bike.)
- Gray Primer
- Gloss Black

FLYER PARTS AVAILABLE: (You can order these separately if not ordering a complete bike.)
In addition to our regular list of replacement parts, options and upgrades, the following Flyer parts are available separately. (See Owner’s Manual for a complete list of replacement parts.)
Sportsman Flyer Frame $299 / 7200-SF
Sportsman “Laid-Back” Seatpost $33 / 4908-SF
Sportsman Seatpost Clamp $20 / 4911-SF
Sportsman Handlebar $150 / 55-SF
Sportsman Tool Box $150 / 6009-SF
Sportsman Frame Panel $60 / 7200-SF-PANEL
Double-Spring Dual Leg Fork $199.98 / 70HD-DLX

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
So, if you buy one of these bicycles, then what? Well, that's the second part of what I have been working on. Worksman Cycles sells BICYCLES, not motorized bicycles. I will be offering complete motorize kits for a few common engines. Additionally, I am/will be selling the Sportsman Flyer gas tank, tool box, sprocket adapter, wide pedal cranks, reduction drive wide pedal cranks, and other components to EASILY motorizes these bicycles. Since I supply the frames you can be assured all the additional components will fit correctly. Bare frames are also available. These frames are built from tough .090" wall steel tubing, lugged and brazed just like vintage motorcycles, and have standard bicycle 110mm frame spacing. Bottom brackets are standard 2" and head tube is 1" threaded. All frames include the welded in place idler tab to carry the engine idler sprocket assembly.

Here is a picture of a typical cruiser model. This one features the double springer fork and Brooks saddle. Also shown is the not yet complete engine mount crade, available through Sportsman Flyer, to easily mount the typical China two stroke bicycle engine. I will be offering the complete engine mounting package shortly which will include the engine mount cradle, gas tank, tool box, Sportsman Sprocket Adapter, idler sprocket and chains.

Two Stroke by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Here is a picture of a similar cruiser model. This one is set up for the readily available Harbor Freight 79cc four stroke engine. The various components pull heavily from the Sportsman Bonneville Flyer and Sportsman 200 model, including the unique reduction drive pedal crank assembly. This engine package is also still in development but will be available very soon. Plan is to call this version the "Sportsman 100", which is scaled down in displacement and cost from our popular Sportsman 200 model.

Sportsman 100 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Here is a close up picture of the china two stroke mount. Please notice that it is a COMPLETE BOLT-IN PACKAGE! The main engine mounting plate or "cradle" is CAD designed and water jet cut 3/8" aluminum plate. The adjoining engine mount bracket attached to this plate is 3/16" laser cut 304 stainless steel plate. The engine cradle is then simply bolted into the bicycle frame with special mounting straps. Engine then easily bolts to this assembly. From their add a Sportsman Sprocket adapter to the worksman rear wheel with Shimano 110 coaster brake hub, and your ready to roll!

Two Stroke by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Next up is the Harbor Freight 79cc four stroke (or 100cc if you can find one) engine package. This package pulls heavily from the Bonneville race bikes and street version Sportsman 200 with the vintage style reduction drive assembly mounted to the wide pedal crank. Engine receives a vertical mounting and uses a special production 5/8" shaft size single disk centrifugal clutch. Were still working out the details on this engine package, but one can easily see it's very close. Engine will receive intake and exhaust manifolds similar in design to our bigger four stroke bikes. Rear wheel will receive the Sportsman Sprocket Adapter and coaster brake. Engine cradle uses ideas learned from our bigger four stroke machines, but also is a COMPLETE BOLT-IN PACKAGE. Engine cradle bolts in using the same standard frame straps as the two stroke engine cradle. Keep in mind that BOTH bicycles are basically identical, which means you can start out with the simpler China two stroke engine mount, then upgrade in the future to the more expensive four stroke package.

Sportsman 100 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Like many I've been using Worksman components all along. I have a HF 79cc on the shelf now waiting for a new Worksman Flyer to put it in... Now I jut have to decide, cruiser or racer style?? Outstanding!!!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It has been interesting and a pleasure to watch as your designs have evolved through the years. The partnership with Worksman cycles is awesome. Congratulations!
SB

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
congrats pat, for worksman which we all know are top of the line quality bikes to choose you to help design their motorized bicycle ready bikes really says something. good job!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I just pulled the trigger on a custom build from the Worksman website... I'll be installing a 99cc Predator in it soon! (^)
Norm!
Right on, man. That's totally cool. You'll like the four stroke bike. And the reduction drive, clutch package, intake and exhaust. Yeah, I'll fix you up real nice!
Thanks,
Pat

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Here is an updated link to the web page Worksman has devoted to the Worksman Sportsman Flyer.

http://www.worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/flyer-by-sportsman.html

The standard cruiser model Flyer is only $130 more than the base model Worksman Industrial Newsboy. At only $499 for a complete bike the Flyer seems a bargin for a tough frame with lots of space for different engines!

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks for all the support guys!
Here is a picture of one of the pedal bikes running an EZMatic four stroke kit. I didn't put this bike together but understand it was a fairly straight forward assembly. And no, they are not ALL black with stainless tanks, but it is the most popular color combo. Also the cheapest.

This bike looks like a luxury liner!

Sportsman Pedal Bike by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportsman Pedal Bike by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr