Silver State Cycles Build

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I like it! how high will you mount the engine? you've got plenty of room to do a faux crank case that double as a motor mount as well.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I like it! how high will you mount the engine? you've got plenty of room to do a faux crank case that double as a motor mount as well.
I was thinking the same thing. Or just a nice cradle mount to lift and center it, to fill the loop.
Or even a gc160 would fill it up nice and not have to be tilted either. I've seen them go for $60 bucks, on broken pressure washers on craigslist.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx everyone for all the suggestions!! I had a vision in my mind then this frame arrived and blew me away. My ideas started to go everywhere and they are still going.lol. I just picked up a nice piece of aluminum for a raised mount.Not sure how far I am going to take it yet. Here are a couple more pictures ..

Attachments

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
I second the gc160 or even a gx200 because of the aftermarket parts. Possibilities are almost endless with that much space in that frame! Love the oil/tool box. I think I saw Sportscar Pat install an electric start in one before. Love the fork too. Great inspiration and I may eventually try to snag a Silver State frame/tank for a future build if the prices are still that low when I start.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I recommend the Honda GC 160 QHA-1 3/4" shaft with remote throttle, engine is already sitting vertical and takes a lot of guess work out of mounting plate geometry a nice torque'y and surprisingly adequate speed for a 5.0/5.5 hp engine.
Just my opinion

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanks guys the clamps are 1 1/8 3 piece motorcycle frame clamps. I will post a link when I get home.I got the idea from Scootmeiser a member here. He used the one piece quick clamps.Which just hinge around tube. I might put 3 clapms total not sure but 2 is probly plenty

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well the sun is finally out and it is almost 30 degrees here...been in a Polar vortex for months.Started the mocking up of the drive system.Still need to shave the mount and alot of little details to be gone over.But I did manage to get the brass fuel line and sediment bowl put together.Here are a few pics.....shft.

Attachments

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
looks great. I think that a support from the frame tube to the fuel bowl area would prevent vibration fatigue. That is going to be one sharp looking build!

Last edited:

Slimey1

Mar 10, 2014
Mt.Vernon,OH
Are these frames designed for a specific engine or can any engine be used? Sure would look nice with a B&S Vanguard 22hp V-twin to fill all that empty space.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx guys I will be supporting the fuel bowls.
This frame is not designed for any specific engine.Scott at Silver State will make mounts for most engines.