66cc Engine sprocket is stiff

GoldenMotor.com

Brighteyedkitty

May 9, 2010
lynwood CA
I just finished setting up my engine kit on my beach cruiser then realized I'm not to sure how to turn it on.
I cant peddle my bike normally cause the sprocket on the engine doesn't spin to much unless i give the back wheel a real hard spin but thats as far as i can get. In the manual i saw nothing about starting it for the first time.

Some help now would be really nice since ive been working for hours only to be stopped now.
:-||

Brighteyedkitty

May 9, 2010
lynwood CA
I don't have transportation to your shop ><
When i take the spark plug out I can spin the wheel pretty easily. But when i put it back in its hard as a rock.

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Is the clutch cable pulling in the arm that engages/disengages the clutch?
If the cable is pulling it significantly to the right it should be disengaging the motor from the drive system. If not disengaging you may have to remove the clutch cover and investigate a clutch adjustment. There are plenty of descriptions on how to do that on this forum.

Good Luck
Robert

Old Reliable

Feb 21, 2012
Santa Ana
I just bought a replace 68.5cc slant head, and the counter sprocket will not turn. It wont turn with the clutch disengaged, nor will it turn with the spark plug out. I had to turn it with pliers to get the chain around. Now when I operate it the engine will run but then stalls after making a squeaking noise. I can pedal it with clutch disengaged, but once the clutch is engaged the whole drive train seizes. Can anyone give me some helpful advice or a link to a service manual? Thanks!

SlowJoe

Feb 10, 2012
Vista, California
Gosh, tried helping. You problem is something else then the sprocket being stiff/seized from factory... Disregard what I suggested if you read my post before I edited it.

Is there anyway this post can get deleted pleas??

Last edited:

Old Reliable

Feb 21, 2012
Santa Ana
I already tapped on the sprocket with a block and screwdriver to free it up during installation of the chain. Everything is put together. And the chain isnt catching because it is so tight I almost dont need a tensioner. The bike ran fine when it first started, but now it makes squeaking noise and then stalls out. I was thinking it might be a problem with the clutch rod. Maybe a bent clutch rod?

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
Sounds like the clutch aint pulling off of the motor enough.

Get off of the bike and pull the clutch in (rolling the bike). Does it roll easy w/ clutch lever in or does the wheel skid?

Old Reliable

Feb 21, 2012
Santa Ana
The bike rolls nice and steady with clutch in. had to pedal to get home, and that wasnt a problem. What I want to do is take apart the clutch and see if the clutch rod is bent. But, I would like a service manual so I dont screw anything up. But at any rate, I got my 11.4 morini finally complete. It is so fast that im scared to ride it...