Paul is the man!!! MP4 Vector Rocks!!

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Just wanted to thank PAUL for all his advice! I have built many 2 strokes and only one friction drive 4 stroke over the years. i had honest lost all interest in motor bikes. I guess I just got tired of the gas smelling vibrating money suckers. LOL!
Anyway i talked with Paul and he advised me on a new MP4 Vector and a 48volt 10AH battery from Golden Bikes. Got in the mail yesterday and was out riding it an hour later.Only put about 5-7 miles cause my daughter was jealous and wants her bicycle to have a battery like daddy. Will get some pictures and do a full review in a day or two. As of now,,,its silent and very impressive torque! Be back soon! dance1

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i just started my day riding mine 10 miles to work from the north shore to the south shore and over the mountains.. for me the electric bicycle bought the fun back to motorized bicycles. you will find toker ace that now your time will be spent making and adding accessories to the bicycle instead of fixing things. i can imagine your mind is already going ummm what can i ad next lol

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Glad you are up and running! Sounds like a great set up. Like Paul said these things are so trouble free that about all you can do is ride/accessorize. Not a bike to have if mechanical repair/tinkering is your thing. Cool thing is once you have a good battery you can build different purpose/types of bikes fairly cheaply and just move the battery from bike to bike. Glad to have another Ebiker in the forum, have fun!

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
First ride got 16.8 miles. No fun pedaling back home. Question? If I keep my charger on me when I'm riding can i stop somewhere and charge it for say 30mins, Just enough to get home or do I have to fully charge it every time?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Might help. I don't know if you have a way to monitor battery usage, but I would suggest getting one. The CA would be good if you have the $$. I use a simple volt/ammeter from ebay(about $12) to keep track of the batteries usage. I have run low on charge but never been cut out since I installed the meter.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i have charged my battery all over the island, the beach bars, kmart every where i ask says no problem. another nice thing is they keep an eye on it for you while charging it

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Whats the diff between the MP3 and MP4? They look about the same.
Sine-wave controller. Looks like.

My 10ah lifepo4 battery worked a bit better after about 5-6 cycles.
You will learn your range as you play with it and know when to turn around.

You can get a usb program cable and change the amps and regen settings with software. If you want more range you can turn it down to 10-15amps.
10a x 48= 480 watts. However it will loose the get up and go/torque, hill climb.
I can get 20-22 miles with lots of pedaling and set program to 20a/40a max, on pavement, mostly flat land. I only get about 12 miles at 30a/70a max in the dirt, So many variables, weight, wind, hills, pedaling.

And like CB2 says get a voltmeter of some kind.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I had one of those watt meters. It worked good until it got water in it but it drains the battery a little faster. The magic pie 3 that BMS Battery sells has a sine wave controller too but maybe the new one is better. Sure looks about the same though. I like that little smart pie motor but the price is a little steep. If they could make a magi pie with one of the s-LCD controllers built in to it then I would get excited.

Last edited: