bike will start(kinda) but will not accelerate. HELP!

GoldenMotor.com

baloney sandwich

Nov 5, 2013
california
so i just bought a new cns carb and my bike will not accelerate. when im riding and i let go of the clutch, the motor turns on but there is absolutely no power. my throttle will slightly rev the engine but it is very quiet and will not push the bike forward. ive tried putting the choke all the way down and putting it all the way up. nothing will work. my previous stock carb worked fine so i dont think the clutch is the problem. i am certain it is the carb because the bike is pretty new(less than 50 miles). any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I won't be able to help you much. I've never even seen a CNS carburetor.

But it sounds to me like your engine is not starting up at all. So you need to verify spark plus fuel in the carb. It's not all that hard to do.

But I'm wondering why you changed your carburetor after only fifty miles. That could offer us a clue. Was the bike not running before the carb change?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like you're running on the idle jet and getting no fuel thru the main or slide is not opening

baloney sandwich

Nov 5, 2013
california
i was using the stock carb and the bike wouldn't idle. someone had a similar problem and said that their jet wasnt attached properly in the carb. i took my jet out on the old one and when i was tightening it, it broke off,so i got the cns carb(only 20 bucks). it feels like i am not getting enough fuel to the engine? i have no idea but it definitely has something to do with this new carb.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, take off air filter and look in carb to see if slide is going up when throttle is turned - if not, look at cable to find out why

if slide is working, then check fuel flow thru bowl and up main jet