grubee or zbox

GoldenMotor.com

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
is it worth the extra to get grubee . i just sold my first build for cost and want another build . is it worth the extra i was stoked with my not so old grubee dnut

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
hey oylava i have just sold my zbox 50 bike and am looking at getting a 80/66cc motor. Im also confused weather to buy grubee or zbox. The zbox i had was a good engine but i like the bigger fuel tank you get with the grubee.

How did ur Grubee motor go? have any trobel with it??
Thanks
DUncan

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
I just ordered 66cc from grubee It has the newer carb and i think the rear sprocket on zbox is 50 tooth also chain no specs from zbox .My ex grubee was good however the clutch was seised and needed a couple of taps with the hammer to unseise PS i saw your bike on ebay someone got a good deal cheers oylavabeer

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i got a 48cc grubee,yes it comes with a bigger tank,i wished it had a smaller tank.
i dont want it to look like a motorcycle.comes with 44T spocket.
top speed so far 32mph. great on hills.

93KHJFRK

Mar 16, 2009
The OC
I would go with the 48cc Grubee GT-2 kit from Bikeberry. This is the FIRST new engine that I have ever dealt with that started on the first kick. Quality was better than expected, even though I replaced most of the fasteners , NGK spark plug and dumped the crude steel intake manifold for an aluminum one. Installation instructions were decent, but I'm not a novice with mechanical contraptions. No leaks and runs like a top and very smooth. I'm breaking it in at the recommended 18 to 1 mix, but will switch to Lucas semi synthetic after break in. I also had to get a Poo Poo pipe because the stock cat muffler would not fit my setup. The Poo Poo setup did require minor tubing modification for the Schwinn Del Mar I have. I highly recommend Bikeberry.