spare parts cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
i had a spare cruiser frame,double wall rims and headstem/handle bars in the junk pile so i threw this together ,i put my best motor on it out of all 8 this ones the fastest its a 50cc and it only runs with the white wire connected also the exhaust port is circle not rectangle like the rest of my motors.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I sure wouldn't have known you built it from spare parts if you hadn't told us. Its a looker.

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
thanks guys. i got 2 49cc big bore pocket bike engines for 5 buks each from my local dealer who was clearing old stock.with a little modding i got the 2 piece billet head to fit and it made a huge difference with a 41t rear sprocket ive had it upto 65kph using gps speedo.next thing will be to fit the 203mm disc brake on the front

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
How did you mate the stock muffler to the expansion chamber pipe? Did it require welding to mate them together?

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
I have a question if you dont mind, How do you mount the rear sprockets? are they the screw on the hub type?
im just using the rag joint that comes in the kits.the sprocket does have 6 extra holes to mount to a disc brake hub but it spaced the sprocket out too far on this bike

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
i changed to a matching pair of double wall rims and installed the 203mm disc brake setup, i had to weld a bracket to the forks i found one on an old pocket bike that was the perfect fit

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
thanks mate, i was thinking about using twin fire extinguisher fuel tanks but im still undicided i have them made already i just need to figure out the mounting

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
thanks rdog

i got set of light weight rims for the cruiser cheap from a good friend,this bike is soo light with a full tank i can pick it up over my head with one hand and i weigh 75kgs or 165lbs

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
that looks spretty sweet. Id watch those spokes if you are using a rag joint but they look kewl. I was just looking through your photobucket and saw this crazy bike:

That looks sick! looks like it was the previous incarnation of this bike.
Nice workman -moto

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
thanks moto your right the motor/exhaust thats in my cruiser came from that bike,it was comfy but the side pull brakes were crap and it felt a little flimbsy at higher speeds its stashed away in the shed for now.

i have been running the pocket bike head everyday for almost a month now with no problems, i done a compression test today and after tripple checking it i got 170psi is that too high for a 50cc? even my old rz/rd350 roadbike only has 120psi

i have decided to abandon the extinguisher fuel tank no matter where i mount it on the cruiser it dont suit the lines of the bike