Shooting flames

GoldenMotor.com

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Has anyone ever got their china girl to shoot flames out of the exhaust? I had an extra pipe laying around that I cut really short and It seems likes a few sparkles shot out when fully revved in the dark

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How short is "really short"?

It's probably carbon flying out.

Not too great to run it like that, at least not if you haven't adjusted the carb to compensate for the open pipe.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I've seen my friends china girl do that after a fresh rebuild.

It was shooting out blue flames just ideling, if he revved it up and let of the gas the flames got bigger... It was sure freggin cool to watch! Lol
He has a real short pipe on his bike to, makes it real loud.

We kept scratching our head to what was causing that because we knew it wasn't good for the engine. So we shut it off and waited to get dark so we can get some video of it.
Didn't shoot flames the second time around, we still wonder what was causing it.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I rebuilt a '72 VW Van's engine years ago. I lost a few exhaust-studs taking it apart, and was anxious to try the engine without the exhaust-manifold attached. I took it for a few laps around the neighborhood...sounded evil, and it had 4 jets of blue flames shooting straight down to the asphalt. Almost wished it wasn't bad for the engine...looked and sounded cool.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've seen my friends china girl do that after a fresh rebuild.

It was shooting out blue flames just ideling, if he revved it up and let of the gas the flames got bigger... It was sure freggin cool to watch! Lol
He has a real short pipe on his bike to, makes it real loud.

We kept scratching our head to what was causing that because we knew it wasn't good for the engine. So we shut it off and waited to get dark so we can get some video of it.
Didn't shoot flames the second time around, we still wonder what was causing it.
I'm guessing assembly lube burning off. I've seen this rebuilding briggs flatties with straight pipes..
The sparks are carbon. Running a pipe that short on a chinagirl is a bad idea. Plus the brain-numbing noise is very bad for the entire hobby.
Get a nice tuned pipe and do it right before some cop nails you or a neighbor shoots you.
:p