My latest Barn find schwinn jaguar mark 4

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That looks SO nice! Good score. Their is a guy on ebay selling the reflector rack you have. Yours looks streighter and nicer :)

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi all had some time to work on the jaguar today. all ways amazes me what a soap pad hot water and a little elbo grease an new tires can do. most of the chrome came out ok, paint is shot though. but i knew that from the start. i will post pics tomorrow.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi all here are some pics after a quick once over with a soap pad and water. it need to be torn down compleatley and painter and rechromed but it is a good foundation for a restore.
ok a little about this bike it is a 1962 jaguar 4 with s7 rims and a bendx 2 speed rear hub with 3 red stripes which is corect for this year.

so do i restore it or put a motor on it Hummm?

Attachments

Last edited:

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi all
but mom it folowed me home can i keep it? i was out making my rounds on saturday you know yard sales flea markets ect with no luck and on my way home i seen a old bicycle frame laying on a trash heep. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!! got out and look an old schwinn with no front fork or wheel.
so to keep it short i knocked on the door and offerd the man of the house $20 for it. SHURE he said. he druge it out of the trash and put it in my trunk for me lol. he wanted $20 i guess and a tip.lol i gave him $20 no tip

so dug through my spar parts and this what you see. o yaaa its going to get a 5hp briggs . i seen msrfans briggs bikes and i like.

Thanks Don P

ps. i guess i will put the jaguar on ebay. i was going to put a 5hp B&S on it but if i sell it i can buy PARTS, PARTS, PARTS bike zombi

pssss i guess its ok to jack my own thread lol

Attachments

Last edited:

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Hi all
but mom it folowed me home can i keep it? i was out making my rounds on saturday you know yard sales flea markets ect with no luck and on my way home i seen a old bicycle frame laying on a trash heep. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!! got out and look an old schwinn with no front fork or wheel.
so to keep it short i knocked on the door and offerd the man of the house $20 for it. SHURE he said. he druge it out of the trash and put it in my trunk for me lol. he wanted $20 i guess and a tip.lol i gave him $20 no tip

so dug through my spar parts and this what you see. o yaaa its going to get a 5hp briggs . i seen msrfans briggs bikes and i like.

Thanks Don P

ps. i guess i will put the jaguar on ebay. i was going to put a 5hp B&S on it but if i sell it i can buy PARTS, PARTS, PARTS bike zombi

pssss i guess its ok to jack my own thread lol
That is gonna be a sweet ride. Cruiser frame with front suspension and disc brake! thats ideal! good find!

.cs.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yes, I think it would be good to list the Jag on ebay. Let it find a home with someone to restore it. And let it finance the motor bike build. With decals and paint you can make the second one into a generation 2 Jaguar. What year is the second one?
SB

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Yes, I think it would be good to list the Jag on ebay. Let it find a home with someone to restore it. And let it finance the motor bike build. With decals and paint you can make the second one into a generation 2 Jaguar. What year is the second one?
SB
Hi Silverbear the rainbow bike lol is a 1963.