Kawasaki FE120 4-stroke build coming up...

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well you gotta start somewhere....got the engine, now for the rest.... got just the bike for this one! Here's what will power the build....

Yer gonna like this one.....stay tuned!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
looks like a beast. What are the dimensions? Much larger then the HF?

Man, that engine has a lot of options for you.

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
Nice looking motor, seems set up well for inside a frame. I'd like to see it with the tank and housings off of it. Exhaust out one side, just right.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And I really like that link Dan.....you're a good man, thanks! Yeah the dimensions are really close to that of the HF. The Kawi is a tad narrower and a tad taller.....and prolly weighs twice as much as the HF. Started it up on the shop floor last night....it fired right up and runs like a champ, it's hardly been used. This thing is going to make a really fun build, I can hardly wait....

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Scotto,
Actually it sounds like it might fit better than a HF. On my current build it isn't the height so much as the width of the motor that seems 'off' a bit. So that's another industrial motor, like the HS and HF. Will you use the same tranny as your last build, or go with something else? Should have plenty of power...
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Its narrower! Wholly cow dats cool! I musta misread. Thought it was wider. Think you found a winner Scotto. Can use that muffler too if ya wanted.
I have also been looking at Briggs and Stratton's Vanguard series. Good as my witness, I am gonna build one with all American components. Bike, power plant.

Sure it will cost hundreds of dollars more. Cost millions of lives and change the world forever. But did we give up when the Nazis bombed Pearl Harbor!?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Will be using an EZM on this one as well SB. This has a 3/4" PTO shaft that has to be cut down like the HF engine. It's not much narrower Dan, but it won't matter on this particular build and guaranty an ineresting one at that...it involves this bike here:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very Cool! Tandum builds are awesome. Is on my list.

I didn't know you had to cut down the shaft. How did you do it? Did you already say and I missed it?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Very Cool! Tandum builds are awesome. Is on my list.

I didn't know you had to cut down the shaft. How did you do it? Did you already say and I missed it?
Yeah, had to cut off nearly 1/2" to make it flush with the outside of the adjustable sheave. Used a 4-1/2" angle grinder and it cut like butter!

This is gonna be one cool tandem I'm thinkin'.;)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Gonna look but there were a couple of tandem builds here from way back. They were uber cool. One ("Frankin-bike" or some thing like that) Looked like you could put some one on the back seat and go cross country. No kidding the set up and seating looked that comfortable.

http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

tandem - Google Search

Dang it! Now ya got me wanting to go buy the Schwinn tandem! Schwinn: 2009 Tango Tandem lol

Forgot. Thanks for the grinder tip. I was gonna make a thing so a saw blade rested on the spinning shaft. Yours sound much better

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Gonna look but there were a couple of tandem builds here from way back. They were uber cool. One ("Frankin-bike" or some thing like that) Looked like you could put some one on the back seat and go cross country. No kidding the set up and seating looked that comfortable.
http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

tandem - Google Search

Dang it! Now ya got me wanting to go buy the Schwinn tandem! Schwinn: 2009 Tango Tandem lol

Forgot. Thanks for the grinder tip. I was gonna make a thing so a saw blade rested on the spinning shaft. Yours sound much better
That would be a better way to cut the shaft that manually hacking it offlaff

Thanks for the links.....I feel sorry for those little China girls that get abused that way, honestly. I really like the looks of that Schwinn Tango.....that is a sweet frame and would make a killer build!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just so you can loosen them suspenders a bit, here's some spy photo's taken from inside the Bintang Psycho garage....(hush, hush)

that's it for now.....Pat and I are workin on it.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Scotto said,
Just so you can loosen them suspenders a bit, here's some spy photo's taken from inside the Bintang Psycho garage....(hush, hush)"

Whew, thanks. Being in a high state of suspension like that was making my voice kind of high. Much better now but I'm still in suspenders about what comes next...
SB

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just waiting for the tranny so the rack can be built precisely right....it won't be long....we're pretty excited about this build, it's gonna be a blast!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lookin' good Scotto.

Did you change the oil fill to the back or is that how the engine came?

Gonna make changing the oil a snap