Nobody Doesn't Like a Good Dog Story

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Here's a great dog story I just came across.
Please add more if you like.
Other animal stories welcome too ...
give our "best friends" some air time.

------------------------
She is pregnant. He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, then he continued to fight the fire.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.
A photographer from the Charlotte , North Carolinanews-
paper, noticed her in the distance looking at the fireman.
He saw her walking straight toward the firefighter and wondered what she was going to do.
As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had just saved her life and the lives of her puppies and kissed him just as the photographer snapped this photograph.
-----------------------

Attachments

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
you see faith ?

Here's a great dog story I just came across.
Please add more if you like.
Other animal stories welcome too ...
give our "best friends" some air time.

------------------------
She is pregnant. He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, then he continued to fight the fire.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.
A photographer from the Charlotte , North Carolinanews-
paper, noticed her in the distance looking at the fireman.
He saw her walking straight toward the firefighter and wondered what she was going to do.
As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had just saved her life and the lives of her puppies and kissed him just as the photographer snapped this photograph.
-----------------------
awwwwwww dont you love em ? you see faith ? the two legged dog ? such an happy dog , i wonder if faith knows other dogs are different http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSB9aBMayxU

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
There are stories in the rural south of dogs who go lay on their dead master's graves every day.

My story is about my neighbor and happened last week, Mrs B is a widow and has had cancer surgery. She is housebound now and a simi recluse. In my part of town the houses are close together. As a matter of fact her kitchen window is about 15 feet from my girl Dixie's kennel.

Dixie goes out every day after breakfast and stay in her own little world complete with doghouse, shade bush and grass. She barks at strangers, mail trucks, and men on bikes. I had let her bush get really thick and hadn't cut her grass in a while, When Mrs B called my wife all indignant.

"Where's Dixie," she demanded. "I miss seeing her."

"She is in her kennel I think," my wife replied.

She checked and sure enough Dixie was laying under her too thick bush. So I was told to cut the bush back to give Mrs. B. back her view of Dixie.

That's when I realized how much pets really mean to everyone in their world. They don't just belong to us, in some respects they belong to everyone who comes in contact with them.

Now when I take Dixie out in the morning, I say to her,. "Come on we can't be late or Mrs. B. will be on the phone complaining. I may have to get her a time clock and card to punch so that we can prove she is out on time.

Last edited:

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
I have a recent dog and cat story in one . This is the text of an email that I sent to a friend last week .

My new house guest is keeping me busy . I am cat sitting for a friend for at least 6 months . When the owner handed her over I found out that she hadn't had her shots in over 4 years . I made an appointment with the Vet and took her in . It was a huge snarl fest , aimed at the overly friendly shop cat . I was washing my hands after every time that I touched her . Yesterday , I let her out at 10pm and she didn't come back , so at about 1am I went looking for her . I was calling her name and kept hearing a faint reply . I went to the next street over and kept calling .The reply became more frantic as I approached one yard . I finally went in the yard thinking that she was trapped somewhere . I then thought that the noise was coming from inside the house and I was going to walk away . I thought that I would never forgive myself if it was her and I left , so I went up to the house . The lights were still on . I figured out that the calls were coming from the front yard and not the house . I looked down and saw a newborn puppy that was wet and slimy and still had the umbilical cord attached . I picked it up and it stopped yelling . I then went to the door and knocked . The very large dog that answered the door just had puppies . The lady that came later said that she thought that the dog was finished having pups and was let out to pee . She was very happy and surprised to see us both at the door . I went home and went to bed . At 5:15am I heard a call through the screen window . I got up and found Bailey (the cat) soaking wet and on the roof . I got out the ladder and got her down . The only way to get on to the roof was to climb a tree and jump . I didn't let her out today . I need my rest . ..... D.J.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
yep times are getting real tough , and i allways get my

Here's a biker/dog video.
I'm afraid these hard economic times are hard on pets too.
Thankfully this story has the best possible ending.

YouTube - A True Dog Story: The Follower

------------
yep times are getting real tough , and i allways get my dogs and cats from the local pound. i got an old german shepard from the pound about oct, 2009 he was hit by an car and abandoned , he was blind in one eye and was old , i could not walk by him when he wined for me , i knew he was in bad shape when i got him , but he was free and they let me have him. he was a very loving dog .i called him max. he died in april, i know it is an sad story but it was happy too , thats why i never go to the dog pound unless i am going to get a puppy , dog , cat , or kitten , i have an cat that comes here every now and then for milk , mabey i can get an picture of her , the point i will stress is > Please everybody remember the dog pound has wonderful pets that dont know what love is , please try an pet from the spca or something if you are looking for a pet , Thank You ! and i am still Kicking

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I second that. All my dogs were rescues. My boy max, died after 11 years and whose ashes are on my entertainment center, was from a litter that was headed to the pound. One of my present lady friends came from the pound and Miss Dixie came to me via a silly little girl who picked her up off the street, then couldn't keep her. My daughter was the silly little girl. I didn't want another dog, but now miss dixie sleeps with me. Oh well.

Go to the shelter for your dog they are better friends than breeder dogs. They do have issues, but it makes them unique.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Quote=Kicking ... "i allways get my dogs and cats from the local pound."

I second that. All my dogs were rescues. ...
Go to the shelter for your dog they are better friends than breeder dogs. They do have issues, but it makes them unique.
Deacon ... Kicking ... you guys are right on target! My previous dog was found on the roadside. The two I have now came from a shelter ... couldn't be happier with them.

Anyone thinking of getting a pet should consider adopting from their local pound or shelter.

Kicking ... that was wonderful thing you did for the old german shepard. Not an easy thing to do ... God bless you.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Sorry at work can't find the link, but have you guys seen the dog that saves another dog on the freeway? You tube it, pay attention to how the dog drags the other off the road.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I love dogs, they are bonded permantely to my soul. I guess you could say I speak their Language. I've seen better traits in most dogs than a lot of humans. I used to have a Pitbull named Tanner, he was my bretheran. This brother of mine was the only one to stand up for me, when my meth head stepdad was on the come down. On so many occassions I can remember him trying to come through the door when my stepdad was on the warpath. The smallest, yet the only one with courage enough to stand up for whats right. On the happiest days of my life, I saw my hero comming through the door (which he managed during multiple beating sessions) to take a peice out of that son of a *****. I ended up in care of the state within two months of Tanner dying, because my stepdad finally got away with what Tanner would'nt let him do.

Thank You Tanner You are 4Ever with Me!
My Friend,........... My Brother

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Let me not forget

Tessa (Dobie+Great Dane)
Saika(Pitbull+Golden lab+Collie, Tanners sister)
Bulldozer(Crosseyed Beagle+Pit, Tanners Nephew)
Knucklehead(Newfoundland)
Bart(Rot)
Merlin(Rot)

And my latest in Service...Cyrus(Pit)

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I am actually very at peace and well healed, I thank you. Do you believe in Karma, Now I do. Many a night I was less then three steps away from ending his life in his sleep. Those who knew of my intentions, said no don't do it he'll get his...... I never believed them, I said Bull****, the only way he is getting his is if I do something. Honestly kinda still wish I had. However recently he has become quite crippled and had to watch his entire family die before him. He is now an emotional wreck as he searches his soul for any good he has done, and he contiually comes back empty handed. Even the deaths of his sisters are on his shoulders as it was the chemicals that he intoduced them to that have wracked their bodies with suffering. I feel for them though and yes he may be getting his, but I do not wish them to be involved for they were quite loving and different than their brother.

That is definitely the right Video, amazing right?

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Terron Like everyone who reads it my heart goes out to you and all the others in this world who are in pain, or have lived through the unthinkable. God be with you and you qualify for the soldiers prayer.

"When I get to heaven to Saint Peter I will tell, let me in Sir... I have done my time in ****...

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Terron Like everyone who reads it my heart goes out to you and all the others in this world who are in pain, or have lived through the unthinkable. God be with you and you qualify for the soldiers prayer.

"When I get to heaven to Saint Peter I will tell, let me in Sir... I have done my time in ****...
yep / life is like an box of chocolates . i came up in the ghetto , spent time on the streets and had an dog that i found under the warehouse docks with puppies on an cold winters day , it was one thing that kept me from taking my own life , i was born in the allegheny mountains of wise county virginia , i took my chances on the streets of nashville and other citys , than the coal mines ,they took all my family , if not a /cave in/- / black lung/ then i went to d,c and the bronx , who knows tommaro wher . .so dogs are mans best freind ! im 54 years old and still kicking ! im happy and know how to survive , and i beleive god will see to it . i will allways have an dog !

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I don't like dogs... They have a short lifespan... and I always get attached to them... and it always saddens me when i see them grow old and weary, loosing their senses and loosing their appetite... makes me feel so helpless... I probably had about 14 dogs since I was kid... but now I moved on with tortoises and have 4 of them. 2 of them can wag their tails just like a dog :D Tortoises can live for 100 years depending on the species. And since, they're vegetarians, it makes me healthy, cause I have to share the vegetables with them since they cannot finish it before it spoils. :D