Zenoptic's new Cruiser project

GoldenMotor.com

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn

This is the start of my curiser project. Bought the cranbrook cruiser yesterday. waiting for delivery on a 66cc Raw kit. Bought everything i could from manic mechanic (what cook stuff!). Can not wate to start!

247Jude

Apr 4, 2009
Sudbury
nice base, watch out for the fender tabs. Take it from someone who know personally, it is not fun unintetionally flying through the air.

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
I have readjusted the fenders ans tightened att the fender bolts. Hope it helps.
In the mean time I am working on my custom gas tank options.

oscsllc

Nov 21, 2009
Ohio
I just purchased the same bike today and planned to also purchased the front mount from Manic Mechanic.

What were the dimesions you submitted for the mount ?

OSCS

First Time Build -Al

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Keep us updated with some pics. Im curious to see what you do with your cranbrook.

I recomend Re-greasing the front/rear bearings. Walmarts grease it just sloped it there, if ya know what i mean.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
OSCS: All theise huffeys seem to be different components. You will need to get a dial cailliper and mesure your bike to be sure. and my down tube was oval not true round!

I will re grease for sure. Seems that King's does not have my engine kit so I will take this opertunity to do biz with Pirate Cycles.

:-||

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn

Tank idea. Second attempt, first out of Au. just did not work out. seems I can not solder Au. wrong flux or something. So I am going with steel!

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
Well I have spent $512.32 so far on parts and upgrades that I want . So far all I have is a cranbrook in my livingroom and a kneejerk response every time I hear the UPS truck! I think this week off ( starts Thursday ) will be when stuff starts to arrive. Woo hoo!
dance1

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
66cc jet (From Pirate cycles!!)
Before shots.

slant head (stock)

TDC intake

bdc exaust

bdc transfer ports

BDC exaust

Last edited:

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
well I have laped the head and cylinder and polished the combustion chamber on the head and the intake and exaust port. no major metal removed (yet). My jet came with 2 head gaskets on! taking one away may raise my compression all I want. waiting on parts from manic mechanic (takes a while to make this stuff) then I will put it all togather!