News Flash Tandem Speed Ticket Capable

GoldenMotor.com

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Yup, finished breaking in the "MILL" and put my gps in my basket.
It's now official!
85lb tandem w/ 170lb rider hits 31mph on true flat ground.
Gee I can get a speeding ticket now (in trailer parks or school zones eh? hee hee)
Pure stock 67cc on synthetic @ 24:1. Pulls my wife and I up hills great.
I don't care about going anything over 'bout 22mph. That is comfortably fast with two riders.
A disc brake setup is a definate upgrade for winter fabrication.

Lookin forward to seeing some Spooky Tooth death race videos. Good luck riders tomorrow!
Best of the season, have fun.
Havin a great time.
Gee, I'm 11yr old again!

Alajoyn

whirschman

Nov 5, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I have a tandem I would like to put a motor on. I would love to see your pictures as well. Is the motor up front of the front seat post or behind it. Does your bike have a chain on both sides or just on the right. If on the left as well, did you have problems weaving the motor drive chain to the rear wheel sprocket? Did you use extra tensioners? Thanks.

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Sorry for not responding more quickly. I have been down with flu for over 2 wks. Much better now.
Regarding some questions on my tandem. It was a straight forward install. Performance was with no pedaling, and my chain set up will be clear via attached pix with what I added (3/4 whole xtra chain.
I cut the mid LH support out, cut 1/2 of lower support out & filled w/steel for support and a vert piece you see in pix for add'l support. Now chain clears frame fine retaining stregnth. Paint this Feb.
Getting almost too cold now to bike here in Michigan. Frost on the ol' seat post.
Somewhere I posted other pix but here are some again for ya.

Best,
Alajoyn
Portage, MI

Attachments

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
DUDE YOU ARE GOD!!!!! teach me master yoda... seriously that is awesome wonder if my wife would go for one? i cant get her to ride her own by herself this would be perfect who makes the bike?? two thumbs up

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
That is way cool looking setup just curious why the backwards tank? You must have access to sheet metal shop that just looks like a pro install! Line that thing with pannier bags and you could do all your grocery shoppin on that.