Low power, white smoke at long idle.

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hello. I have a problem, I'm not sure if I can post videos here, but here is where videos can be seen. I suffer a lack of torque with my CH80 69.9cc engine. It struggles to climb in rpms, and slowly fades in power on uphills. you can see what I mean here, on the videos labeled work to home. Pictures by ADDICTED-BICYCLE-CUSTOMS - Photobucket Also, when I sit at a red light, slowly there is more and more white smoke coming out of my muffler, it gets pretty bad. lol. I'm running 25:1 mix, the engine has been broken in with 20:1 mix. It's two years old, been repaired once by magneto change, and top end rebuild. Rebroken in after repairs in second year. I'm running a 48t sprocket, and in the videos, anytime I'm going uphill, I'm at full throttle. You'll see what I mean, sorry the video's at night. lol. Hope someone can help, as I don't really know what is wrong. Thanks everyone!

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Haha sweet vids i watched part2 you were on it! for a 48tooth that thing was pingin along. clean note (noisy bastard) no missing it could just be a set of rings?

cobrapowered1

Aug 23, 2009
North Carolina
This is normal at that oil to gas mix and going uphills. These engines are not small block Chevy's. LOL. This is why I am modifying mine for. I live in the mountains and its up and down all day. Bike Joe may be right about changing rings and checking what other issues you may have compromising compression like I am right now with crank seals.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Think the others have yer prob covered (I hope), I just wanted to mention...

You have the gdang mirror I've been looking for! :p

Nice ride man ;)