magicalpancake's FELT MP Morini Build

GoldenMotor.com

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
That's a nice gas tank for sure. I was wondering why it is angled as it is. If the filler were on top rather than at the side there would be a whole gallon capacity. As it is it looks like maybe 3/5 full is the most you could go. Is it so that you can swing your leg over the seat more easily? Really nice build. The motor is a dream. Personally I have no desire to go over 35 on a bicycle and even then only when I'm feeling fiesty. Sounds like the springer is a good idea and the best helmet money can buy is also a good plan. At 50 mph I think body armor would be wise. Of course I'm an old fart, so slower is better. If I were young and hadn't broken anything yet 60 would sound good. Ha. Stay safe, have fun, great bike!
SB
I actually like cruising around 20-30 at most around here. I've been waiting for my new sprocket (larger) so I can utilize the torque a bit better. The gas tank is more upright now... but it looks nice at an angle.. like it isn't a gas tank :D

superbringa

Jun 26, 2009
try outside of THE MATRIX
Hey Magical,
That is very cool indeed. I am just looking and hoping to do the same with my KINGPIN... got a used morini already so I am in the progress of making it fit. I also have a one piece crank so have to change it to a wider crank so I can paddle it. I am also interested in torque more than speed (after all it is only a bike). I am as it is getting 35+ with the china girl. I was thinking of a 56 teeth sprocket for the rear. I have to start posting once I get going... I am still very much love riding my china girl.... and do not want to be without a motorized bike...

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver

Well it's been done and here is a picture.

I made a road bike too using a chinese kit.. I put a pipe on it from sick bike parts and a velocity stack (intake manifold) from that guy that makes custom chinese bike replacement parts I forget his name.. mmm.

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
Thanks man!! Right now I'm having the rear tank re-done... will still look the same. The rear part of the exhaust fell off so I had that all redone as well. I've finally had the front caliper mount welded up so I'll be posting pictures here soon! Stay tuned.

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
It's finally done~! For the most part anyways. I was riding along the other week and my muffler broke off. Sooo.. I decided to fix it and a lot of other things. I even added a disc brake mount for caliper! I had this small shop in town called Titan Specialty Metals do up the welds for me which turned out pretty good.

Clean and straight!

The exhaust is waaaaaayyyy too loud for me. I'll probably end up adding a resonator or something.

Every wednesday starting May a bunch of cruisers meet up for Denver Cruisers Night downtown where a +100s of cruisers go bar hopping. This license plate came from last year =)

The rear gas tank mount

I currently have MANIC MECHANIC's rear hub mount and 50 tooth sprocket on order so I'm waiting for that. I went ahead and had the shimano hub that Jim had made one of his mounts made for ordered to my place. I'll post pictures when I install them!!

Last edited:

rm26x

Apr 23, 2010
Grand Blanc, MI
wow thats trick. The only thing I don't really care for is the disc brakes myself doesn't quite go with the flow of the bike. I think drum would have fit with the look of the bike better. But overall nice ride.

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
Fantastic job, I bet you get lots of comments when you are riding. I have a question: does the exhaust pipe get hot on your leg? I have seen alot of the pipes coming across where people legs go and thats all i can think. I hope it lasts a long time, you can see a lot of thought went into it. Have A Pleasant Day

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
The exhaust does get hot but if you look close there's a heat shield. I rode for a full hour almost full throttle half the time and it just got warm :p

Thanks for your compliments =)

Oysterville

Apr 20, 2010
Ocean Park, WA
What a gorgeous build. The brown leather accessories really sets it apart with the awesome paint job. This is the kind of build I'd like to do when I'm ready for my second MB.

Simply stunning.

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
Honestly the ridley chain tensioner is nice and all but If I did it all over again I would definitely NOT do one because it's sooooooooooo expensive for what you get. I wasn't that impressed and how it's setup anyhow. I heard pirate cycles makes a neat one.. but you have to call the owner and ask =P Even DEAN at pipelyne the chain tensioners on his boxer bikes work awesome. just explore your options..

Tractorshaft

Sep 10, 2008
Republik of Konnektikut
Hi,

beautiful bike! I would use some of the self-adhesive door edging that they sell at NAPA to put on the edges of car doors to prevent dings and dents. Its just the right size for bicycle sheet metal and available in black or chrome. Thanks for the great pics!

JC Whitney has a 25' piece of the Chrome "Door Edge" for $16.00 , sorry but I cant post "Links" yet!

Jerry

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
I found some edges from a local car goods store =) If I would do it over I may do the 9.4 hp but who knows what kinda torque that thing pulls. Right now the thing is kinda scary fast. I've pulled 55mph easy and seems to keep pulling so if you want more low end torque I suppose you could upgrade!