one more question

GoldenMotor.com

altarr

May 13, 2009
RI
so I finally got everything up and running, and I can start the bike just fine whilst pedaling, or on the track stand. when I hop on and try to go the bike has about 0 power and the engine ends up stalling out......

any takers?

casey

altarr

May 13, 2009
RI
thanks jim, so instead of wussing out in my yard (and driving into the wall again) I hit the streets and could motor around ok....2 things I noticed....

there is a definate stuttering to the motor when I lay in on the throttle....is this part of the break in, or is it going to break me?

the other thing I hear is a lot of chain clicking, kind of like when your 10 speed finally finds its gear.

also, the chain seems to be getting looser and looser, is this normal?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sounds like the engine is 4 cycling (running too rich). The chain has to be fairly straight in it alignment, triple check that. The reason the chain is getting looser is either the tensioner or something else is moving ....the chains don't (usually) stretch too much.

altarr

May 13, 2009
RI
do I double its taxes to solve that? (seriously, can you explain how I would correct that?)

the alignment is pretty good, I think I am just going crazy on the loosening part. I did drive right into a stone wall on my first ever run....today....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You move the C clip up to change to a leaner mixture. Sometimes (a lot lately it seems) you'll have to buy a smaller jet or solder and re-drill the stock one.

I had one bike that the chain got mysteriously looser and looser....then I realized the frame had cracked the two welds where the seat post and the cantilever bars joined. (beach cruiser type frame)