speedometer

GoldenMotor.com

zztinker

Jul 8, 2008
Central California
I just installed a electronic speedometer on my bike, however when I start my 80cc engine the speedometer quits working, kill engine speedometer works. I know it must have something to do with ignition. Is there anything that can be done so I can use my speedometer? brnot

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
well, the speedo's work with magnetic pickups.. as the magnet passes the pickup, a small voltage is induced.. if your getting feedback from the engine into the pickup.. try mounting the pickup on a small peice of rubber to isolate it... could also be getting induction from the plug wire, in which case the plug wire has a bad case, or the speedo wire runs close to it... attached to front wheel or back wheel?

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
I could never get my wireless speedo to work with the engine. But to make a wired one work you should only need a higher quality, magnetically shielded, spark plug wire.

You can get them at your local auto parts store, or you could order one from SBP.

zztinker

Jul 8, 2008
Central California
I tried the Ferrite suppression sleeve, running the speedo pick-up wire through it with no luck. I'll try a new suppression plug wire next. Ohhhh I just got my California Lic plate from the DMV today. I have a M1 lic. so I guess I'm legal now.