New guy needs guidance

GoldenMotor.com

Wenlaren

Apr 20, 2009
Texas
I've lurked these forums for awhile and recently built my bike. Problem i have is i ordered this kit a long time ago and kept it stored inside my closet until recently. Once i got the kit out and finished my build i began to check my work, and wondered how the clutch would work, got to looking online and it turns out there should be a metal rod that gets hit when the lever is pulled if this makes sense. Anyway i checked mine and the little rod isnt long enough to hit at all, infact it comes just flush with the bolt so i cant disengage my engine at all..... what do i do? Also once an Engine is on a bicycle i should be able to pull the clutch and pedal the bike without turning the engine right?

Wenlaren

Apr 20, 2009
Texas
ok i just found out im missing the ball bearing that should be inside the engine, ive rechecked everything and i dont have the ball bearing. Is there somewhere i can get a replacement? Would lowes or autozone happen to have these or something the same size that would work? Thanks for any help!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yes, once your clutch is working properly you should be able to pedal with engine off when you pull the clutch lever.

I believe someone found the ball bearing one time at ACE hardware (I could be wrong), I will search for that thread when I have the time.

If not........

ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_3 (oppss, just realized he is out of stock)

Clutch Assembly

Wenlaren

Apr 20, 2009
Texas
that second site worked perfect, since i have some gopeds one the way from ebay i will just order these parts. Thank you very much sir!