Would there be any interest in a raffle?

GoldenMotor.com

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Some one some where said they where going to blow up a motor to see how high(RPM) and how long it would last before it would blow. If someone has a motor to toast and a tach anddance1 a stop watch we could watch it on utube with a timer and bet on how long before it's dead. Closest guy wins. Live at five,pictures at 11...???...POPS

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
there goes my shop vac.

I still like the numbers game because there is no way I could cheat. I do not want there to be any questioned of an unfair outcome. There are way too many people who believe in conspiracies and my reputation is important to me.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Deacon, your reputation is beyond reproach. Even if some one was misguided enough to think otherwise, 27 other members would jump on them if your reputation were questioned.

Just a thought. Open a prepaid account with say Dax or any of the good dealers. That way money isn't being taken out every time it changes hand by paypal fees or the hassle of snail mail.. Over pay and what ever is left over add a lesser prize or roll over until the next raffle. With good Sir Deacon doing the drawing or MCing.

I am just viewing this as fun and not terribly serious. How ever the majority would like to do this is just fine with me.

LOL@ "there goes my shop vac."

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay here is my proposal but you guys decide.

1. We run the sign up for a specified period of time. Suggestions please,,

2. I find A New York Yankee game being played the next day or asap after the closing time. That way you can verify that the numbers are fair and square.

3. The winner will be announced here and by private message.

4. To enter send me a paypal for however much you guys say an entry is. In the special instructions part of the paypal send your screen name on this forum. I will cross match it. Include your guess for the combined score of the game that is both sides added together. Also send your guess for the Yankee score alone. That will be the tie breaker.

My paypal is [email protected]...... They will most likely deduct a fee for the transaction from your payment. Everything else goes to the winner. If we use paypal to buy the kit the seller will pay the fee on it.

5. At the same time you send the pay pal post your guesses on the forum. That way we have a public record of your guess. Just so there is no confusion. You can guess the same as someone else just be sure to guess the Yankee score alone to break the tie.

6. If the winner has a preference the kit will be bought from that dealer. If not then I will choose based on price and reputation. If there is money left winner gets it. If there is not enough to buy a kit it is winner take all the cash there is. Somebody will win.

NOW DEALERS HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO DO SOME GOOD AND GET A LITTLE GOOD PUBLICITY. MAKE US A DEAL ON THE KIT.... WE ARE TAKING BIDS HERE. AS PART OF THE DEAL THE WINNER WILL WRITE YOU A FAIR AND HONEST REVIEW OF YOUR KIT AND YOUR SERVICE. MAKE IT A GOOD DEAL AND YOU SHOULD GET MORE THAN YOUR MONEY'S WORTH. I WILL PERSONALLY MENTION YOUR NAME AND YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THIS GOOD DEED AT LEAST FIVE TIME.

If the moderators have a problem with this they should let me know before we get too far along.

Last edited: