Chain tensioner wheel

GoldenMotor.com

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
So yesterday on my brand new build,the chain tensioner wheel came off the bracket, my chain went in the wheel and ruined my spokes. I found the wheel, but lost the washers etc.

Can someone show or tell me how to tighten the wheel securely but also have it spinning like it's supposed t?

Also, man with the tensioner on the chain makes SO MUCH noise while i am riding it as a normal bike. Any solutions?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Nope, no solutions for the noise unless you remove engine drive chain, your bike is primarily made for running it down the road under engine power and not much good for peddling anymore accept for starting ot up, just the nture of these bikes once they have a china girl on them.

As far as the idler tensioner wheel goes, thats a simple fix my friend, just make sure you have a washer on each side of the wheel, get you a small tube of blue or red loctite or simular thread locker put a dab on the bolts threads and screw the nut on with a wrench until ot is as tight as you can get it without the wheel locking up to where it wont turn leave it alone for a couple hours to cure and then you should be good to go on that if you have everything in correct alignment.

Hope this helps ya out.

Map
.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
How about adding a "mapbike" produced urethane roller wheel?? Mo' quieter!!

Guess that I'm kinda lucky. My bike actually rolls and pedals almost like the China girl wasn't there.......except for the extra poundage.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
How about adding a "mapbike" produced urethane roller wheel?? Mo' quieter!!

Guess that I'm kinda lucky. My bike actually rolls and pedals almost like the China girl wasn't there.......except for the extra poundage.

Lol..... thanks for the plug.....

Yep thats what I use on mine too..... only makes sense that I would use them too huh....?

Map
.wee.