36 volts plus peddling for exercise.

GoldenMotor.com

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Sorry another noob question.

I've been contemplating a 36v wheel so I can actually get a little peddle time in. Looking at some 36v options the highest speeds are around 17-18 mph. If I'm using a rear wheel drive and peddling with the gears can I exceed this speed? Of course I'm still thinking about a 48v rear wheel or the electric shift from sbp because I'm not sure 36v will keep a smile on my face.

Anyways, I'd love to hear your experience between the two options.

As always, thanks.
Dan.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Pedalling along will help you go faster. Whether you go with 48v will depend on what type of batteries you can afford. If you can afford LiPo batteries, i'd go 48v. If you are on an SLA battery budget, you may want to stick with 36v for less weight and easier handling.
I was working in Colorado for the past few weeks but didn't quite make it up to Wyoming.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I say go with more volts because you can turn down your controller but you can't turn up a 36 volt to perform like a 48 volt.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Pedalling along will help you go faster. Whether you go with 48v will depend on what type of batteries you can afford. If you can afford LiPo batteries, i'd go 48v. If you are on an SLA battery budget, you may want to stick with 36v for less weight and easier handling.
I was working in Colorado for the past few weeks but didn't quite make it up to Wyoming.
Thanks for your advice it definitely helps!

I say go with more volts because you can turn down your controller but you can't turn up a 36 volt to perform like a 48 volt.
That is also great advice, thank you. I think I will look into a Magic pie 2 or 3 for that reason.

So many choices!!!!!!!!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
definately go with a 48v battery. trust me if you don't you will wish you had, i bought a 36v for exercise and it sucked, you can pedal with any battery however that extra voltage is nice when you need it. i have over 6,000 miles on my magic pie 3 also, they are great little motors