THE Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Here's my cruiser. I may order a new engine and install it, this one is almost broken in, I just want an engine made for smaller tubes so I don't have to use this U-bolt mount. I also will be running a straight plug head! Down the road....I will be adding a SD Exhaust and some chrome round mirrors! So here we are! Sorry for the picture quality, it's a beauty when you actually see it!

Attachments

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Looks nice.
The narrow mouth cases are made to suit 32mm but can be taken out to 35mm no problem. I prefer the cases mount directly to the tube, it let's the motor sit a little lower.
If you want the most out of a center fire head on that motor you may have to deck the barrel to get the compression ratio back up?
I'd be getting the PK80 if you get another motor, already comes with center fire head.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
My tubing is perfect sized, yeah I know what you mean, my engine is mounted very firmly. It has a built in wider front mount, without the ubolt..it's big enough that it doesn't even clamp the frame at all..it's solid, I just like it when I can utilize the built in clamps. I only have about $100 I can shell out on a new motor. then about 30 left over, found a straight head on ebay(that's where my last head came from). As far as compression....I've been thinking about that. LAST time I tried using a center-fire plug head...I lost about 15-20mph in performance. I didn't do a before/after compression test though either. I'm not sure though every engine is different..are there other alternatives to decking the barrel? I don't NEED to run a straight head, it would just be nice.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
If you want to get the most out of the centre fire, you'll have to get your squish way down,
I usually like to shave the head, give it a squish band, and deck the barrel, I can still get 160 Psi like this, with far better cooling and less pinging than trying to run an angle fire at 160.
The barrel is usually made to suit 40mm stroke, you'd likely have 38mm, hence the need to deck the barrel, instead they put an angle fire head, with smaller chamber, If you use standard angle fire with correct squish, then compression is likely to high.
Hence I'd go the pk80 (40mm stroke) to run the centerfire.
And leave other motor as is unless willing to deck.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
If you want to get the most out of the centre fire, you'll have to get your squish way down,
I usually like to shave the head, give it a squish band, and deck the barrel, I can still get 160 Psi like this, with far better cooling and less pinging than trying to run an angle fire at 160.
The barrel is usually made to suit 40mm stroke, you'd likely have 38mm, hence the need to deck the barrel, instead they put an angle fire head, with smaller chamber, If you use standard angle fire with correct squish, then compression is likely to high.
Hence I'd go the pk80 (40mm stroke) to run the centerfire.
And leave other motor as is unless willing to deck.
Okay, so leave the non pk80 engines alone with the angle fire? Okay, so if I wanted to buy just a pk80 ENGINE ALONE with no kit, where can I get one?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
MotorBicycleRacing sells a very nice GenV bare engine. It's every bit as good as the Dax and is cheaper. (About the same as a cheap complete kit from fleabay)
Mine is one of the best running stock HT motors I've ever run, and I've run many.
(The second best was a very rare RICO motor I got randomly from rose326 once long ago.)

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Rocksolid here in OZ quoted me $185 pickup for his basic handbuilt motor.
But then told me I had enough of them already. Lol.
In other words move on!
He builds some much better motors than Ht's.
30cc 6Hp.
I do have enough of 'em at the moment.
But I took my new crank to him just to spin it up and check the runout, ect.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
In my experience...... I've bought many ebay motor kits, rose326a, luckyearlybird, pccmotor and parts from boygofast, also had one bikeberry kit and some parts from dax. SO....I always take care of my motors out of all my bikes(I've had about 13 personal bikes, and built many more for other people) I blew one motor(because the previous owner neglected it) the other motor blew because I tightened the head to much and a chip of the block jammed the crank..I've never blown needle or crank bearings, not even a single bushing! I broke 2 rear studs on 2 engines, I just pulled them out and ran either hex or allen bolts into the block. I think I'll just get a fleabay engine for now. I've bought several kits from several sellers...rose blocked me because of one small misunderstanding....sold me an engine and a head nut sheared off, but then I said it was fine.. I constantly send messages saying I want to buy, I want to buy, I want to buy. Then I never get a reply, or something that has to do with nothing...not a very happy camper lol. Blocked me under both ebay accounts(and I have a PERFECT 100% positive selling and buying feedback rate and PAY immediately via paypal) zminglu, xjysomething(it's all rose326a with different names....but anyway.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sorry to hear that. I've had nothing but great results with rose/zming/etc. They have one of the better reputations on ebay.
I am always very polite in my emails and have had several parts replaced free in new kits. I've been using rose for well over 20 kits now so my volume might have a bit to do with it, but I personally think it's due to my manners when contacting them.
Probably a misunderstanding.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I've ordered several kits from him! I've ordered at least 4 kits and 2 motors only ONE negative experience always being polite as possible. Then he tells me thanks and he'll let me order then he never DOES it. I have NO issues with him and WANT to continue business....he won't let me. I've left nothing but 100% POSITIVE feedback for him. Never had ANY COMPLAINTS.