Onyx 29 Handlebar question

GoldenMotor.com

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
So I have my Onyx 29 bike motorized and it's been done for around maybe 300+ miles but the problem is the one inch Handle bars the bike has I have been using the stock Handle bars and have had the brakes rigged to stay on using zip ties and glue and I just want it to look nicer now and be safe so I'm wondering if I took a piece of 7/8 Pvc pipe and put in the the stock 1in bar and extend the ends of the Handle bars would it be safe to mount the brakes on the Pvc pipe at the end of the stock Handle bars

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
PVC is not the way to do it. I assume you would mount them reverse. How would you handle the cables sticking out further than the bar, ready to snag anything passing by, like a car?
It would seem to be easier and safer to replace the bars. Probably cheaper too.

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
PVC is not the way to do it. I assume you would mount them reverse. How would you handle the cables sticking out further than the bar, ready to snag anything passing by, like a car?
It would seem to be easier and safer to replace the bars. Probably cheaper too.
I do think think you guys understand what I'm saying look at the picture I linked the Pvc will come out of the Handle bars the grip shows how far the Pvc will stick out and the gap shows where the brake would mount on http://imgur.com/57zUB1i

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Use steel. And weld it on. Or. Get new bars. Pvc??? Is not Safe, Or, they would be using it. Imagine, You hit a hard bump and your handle bar grips break off. What happened???

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I do think think you guys understand what I'm saying look at the picture I linked the Pvc will come out of the Handle bars the grip shows how far the Pvc will stick out and the gap shows where the brake would mount on http://imgur.com/57zUB1i
Are you thinking of mounting the grip itself to the PVC? That's worse than what I though you were going to do. I hope your life insurance is up to date.

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
Are you thinking of mounting the grip itself to the PVC? That's worse than what I though you were going to do. I hope your life insurance is up to date.
Yah from the responses so far I'm gonna have to say I'll just spend the money and buy some handlebars thanks for the help :)