Miele K21 (730?) motorized bike info ???

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
we have the bike in this vid in our garage, and the new owner wants us to get in running, and operating safely, condition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74GCuzbqk20

we are looking for info/specs on it
all I know so far is it has a Sachs 98cc engine, pressed steel girder forks, and by the vid, was running not that long ago

this is the only pic I could find that had the correct forks and look
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads7/MIELE1+1+1139489651.jpg

I realize it is probably a moped in most states, but I thought I was see if any of you vintage gurus could help ;)

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just want to say that's a pretty cool bike. I know nothing of fixing/restoring vintage mopeds (in PA it would be a motorcycle, anything over 50cc automatically is here) but I hope you get it running and post some more pics or vids.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona

it is a pretty cool old bike, it even has the orig dunlop extra primo 26x2.50 tires
(badly cracked sidewalls :(),,
but I am frustrated with trying to find info,,,
all I can find is how little I can find !!! :(

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Bill,
For parts contact Heinz Fingerhut. He has a catalouge with lots of parts for the bike portion listed but I believe he can get motor parts as well if you ask. It's all in German but he speaks excellent english and was a pleasure to deal with.

[email protected]

I'll PM you with a contact who restores a lot of European bikes and scooters and has contacts in Europe.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Bill,
Went out before supper and looked at my Sachs motor and took the cover off the clutch. The clutch pucks are wet with grease/oil. There is a grease nipple on top of the clutch cover and I remember Dave saying that they only needed a small amount of grease to work properly.

I can take photos of what I have if you would like but I don't think there was a big change in them since mine which was made in 1933.

Steve.

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
GREAT looking bike! I love those light motorcycles made around the Sachs 98

FYI:
I've dealt with Heinz before. He was very helpful and easy to deal with. I ordered about $700 of parts from him last summer and everything showed up when he said it would. Deutchepost exclusively uses DHL for international orders.
All parts were great quality.

I speak NO German and Google translate was sufficient. I just tried to keep the sentences simple but the words specific.

Good Luck with it
John

dance1