sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sprocket adapters must be accurately sized to the rear hub diameter. The problem with Huffy, Schwinn and others bought from the big box or department stores is that they might not all have the same hub. The once popular Schwinn Jagaur is an example. They came with three completely different hubs depending on where they were purchased and when.
You'll need to take a caliper to the store and physically measure the rear hub diameter to be certain you order the right one. Most adapter manufacturers have the hub sizes they offer on their websites.
Also the measurement must be accurate, within the thousands of inch to assure the proper fit with no slippage.

Tom

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I bought my sprocket adapter from Pirate Cycles and it fit perfect. You still need to do like Tom said and measure your wheel hub diameter before ordering.

Dan
This is the size you need that fits all the common coaster brakes hubs.
Pirates said:
1.520-1.528" (OUT OF STOCK) Fits the Shimano CB-110 COASTER BRAKE and others such as Hi stop, K stop, Falcon, and the Bendix coaster brake hubs.
http://www.mmbikeparts.com/order.htm has that size in stock for sale.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Mine was "Out of Stock" too when I ordered it. I got it within a week. The sprocket adapter at mmbikeparts.com looks exactly like the one I got from Pirates Cycle. If they say it fits all the hubs and is cheaper I would get mine from mmbikeparts.com.

Dan