Expansion Chamber

GoldenMotor.com
Jun 19, 2012
Arizona
I know everyone's gonna get pissed, and say "use the search button" but I tried and found nothing on the specific chamber I want to use, so here goes.
Has anyone used this chamber http://www.ebay.com/itm/47CC-49CC-M...ories&hash=item3371230640&vxp=mtr#ht_2720wt_1 If so, how did you mount , how does t look, stuff like that. Also, my engine is a 66, will that make a huge difference? Thank you so much for your help. I would like to know asap, because I currently have no pipe, hate to power robbing of the stock, and I'm sure my neighbors hate me, so want a pipe that will help the engine, rather that hurt it. Any input is welcome, please let me know what you think.

LaLongueCarabine

Aug 15, 2011
United States
I bought a similar one from BikeBerry (their site is down so I can't attach a photo, they call it Speed Demon) but it works OK maybe a 10% increase in takeoff speed. It's quiet enough but has a bit of real expansion chamber bang. It might be wishful thinking but I'm happy with it.

I did dremel the flange opening so the exhaust flow is much better (the exhaust . My boss who has 30 years experience racing 2 stroke go carts (chainsaw engines) says it isn't big enough to be really effective. Looks great though.

Last edited:

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
I know everyone's gonna get pissed, and say "use the search button" but I tried and found nothing on the specific chamber I want to use, so here goes.
Has anyone used this chamber http://www.ebay.com/itm/47CC-49CC-M...ories&hash=item3371230640&vxp=mtr#ht_2720wt_1 If so, how did you mount , how does t look, stuff like that. Also, my engine is a 66, will that make a huge difference? Thank you so much for your help. I would like to know asap, because I currently have no pipe, hate to power robbing of the stock, and I'm sure my neighbors hate me, so want a pipe that will help the engine, rather that hurt it. Any input is welcome, please let me know what you think.
i have the same exact pipe on my 66cc just installed it today, you have to bend the pipe and take a dremel to the bolt holes to get the pattern wide enough to fit, but it goes over the head (very close to spark plug) ad exits on below the right side of the seat, i seem to have lost a little low end torque, but once your rolling about 20mph and gun it, it pulls like a raped ape compared to the stocker, just make sure the engine is warm or you'll get a lot of top end four stroking, all in all i like it
xct2

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
I bought a similar one from BikeBerry (their site is down so I can't attach a photo, they call it Speed Demon) but it works OK maybe a 10% increase in takeoff speed. It's quiet enough but has a bit of real expansion chamber bang. It might be wishful thinking but I'm happy with it.

I did dremel the flange opening so the exhaust flow is much better (the exhaust . My boss who has 30 years experience racing 2 stroke go carts (chainsaw engines) says it isn't big enough to be really effective. Looks great though.

The Speed Demon is a good choice if you're looking for something quieter. We made a video a few months back to give you an example as to how it sounds and performance wise. It runs much quieter as well as looks stylish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXcE4Q7qNG8&feature=plcp

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Unfortunately, using a expansion chamber designed for one engine isn't always beneficial to another engine. Expansion chambers need to be designed specifically for the engine.

Here's a post regarding design and plans from Jaguar to build your own expansion chamber for the China Girl.

http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/

Good Luck

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
The first one gets in increase mainly due to better flow.... No real "expansion chamber" effect....

The second one has a bit too much volume to help at low rpm's......A longer head pipe might help a bit w/ that....