Board Track Racer - UK Style

GoldenMotor.com

Barra_Boy

Mar 6, 2011
Essex, UK
Hi,
Just finished my first ever motorised project and thought I'd share some pictures. Now I have to go through a detailed inspection to get approval for road use - UK legislation says it's a motorcycle! not a motorised bicycle!
Just hope I can add lights, plates, guards etc. while maintaining the look!

Let me know what you think, good or bad!
Cheers - Barra_Boy

Attachments

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Nice build. Good attention to detail. Love the disc brakes on the springer. Disc brakes are way cool to begin with and you've got 'em on a springer fork. I know you're not the first to do this but your bike is the first I've seen with this mod that don't look out of place.

Barra_Boy

Mar 6, 2011
Essex, UK
NunyaBidness, CulvercityClasic, Azbill,
Thanks Guys, for your comments.
Caliper mount on springer was 3rd attempt!
Thanks to friend Paul for welding the Tank.
Cheers, Bara_Boy

Barra_Boy

Mar 6, 2011
Essex, UK
Nice job on the bike, looks real good. Good choice of frame, and wheels. The tanks looks killer also. What sprocket is that?

I think the bike looks Perfect!!!
Hi CCC, Thanks for comments....cool responses.
The motor drive sprocket is a 44 tooth Voxum Dirt Jump BMX chainring,
modified to fit an adaptor plate to mount it on the 6-bolt disc holes on the wheel hub.
I've 2 sets of those fantastic wheels, one on the racer another on a singlespeed Urba bike. Unfortunately the manufacturer has stopped making them!!!!! what a pity.
Cheers - Barra_Boy

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Great build. Will you be using the light weight wheels or switching to motorcycle wheels and tires to get street legal?

Barra_Boy

Mar 6, 2011
Essex, UK
Great build. Will you be using the light weight wheels or switching to motorcycle wheels and tires to get street legal?
Hi Wheelbender6,
Thanks for comments.
I think the wheels will be approved but the tyres have to be an approved manufacturer (Continental).
Barra_Boy

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I agree with CCC, that tank is awsome. All together you have done a fine job for your first time around. Good luck with the British authorities making that baby road legal. It seems that anything to do with fun, gas engines, and tires is made so difficult in England. Good luck!

brnot

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Howdy, Mate. Since the bike won't enjoy the benefits of being classified as a MB anyway, why not go all the way and add gears? I have a Shimano Nexus 3-speed on mine and it works great. The ratios are a little close, but at least I can get away quick and enjoy high speed at the same time. You were smart to install a front brake, 40 MPH with only a rear brake means skin on the pavement! Good luck getting your bike approved.