Worksman INB mod for "balloon" tires?

GoldenMotor.com

AirPirate 32

Feb 24, 2011
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Gents (and of course, Ladies),

I'm starting on a no -holds barred BTR build and plan on using the much touted Worksman INB as the base frame. Reseraching tires, I've come across some very "motorcyle-esque" looking products commonly known as "Balloon" tires, 26 x 2.34 or so.

Has anyone attempted this with a Worksman, or any other frame for that matter? I realize the diameter is the same, but what issues come into play with the added width?

Many Thanks

Airpirate 32laff

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I believe that's the size of the cream colored Fat Franks I'm running on a 1950 Panther back in Minnesota. (I'm in Maryland for the winter). They look good and I've had no issues with running into the frame or standard balloon tire fenders. I'm running a four stroke HS engine which allows me to move the engine from one side to the other of the engine mounting plate for optimum drive chain alignment. I like fat tires, too, both for their looks and the comfortable ride.
SB

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Worksman frames are pretty tight. The 26 x 2.125 tire fits nicely but it's close. I don't think huge tires will fit.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I had to offset my engine 1/4" to clear my 2.2 tires. I still get some chain drag marks on my tire with the 2 stroke. And my 36 tooth sprocket and chain only clear the frame by 1/8 ".My next build will have all black Quick brick tires.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
The modification magician ( sportscarpat ), if anyone could modify a Worksman Inb frame, for Balloon tires for frame, tire, and chain drive clearance on a Worksman, that would be Pat!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.