hello!! New build problem

GoldenMotor.com

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
Hey guys I built 2 of these 2 stroke cruiser bikes before and have never had this problem so I thought Id ask for help :(. I have everything installed right to my knowledge but I can seem to get the back wheel to spin. I noticed though when I take out the spark plug I can easly turn the back wheel.
weird?? NE IDEAS?
Btw when I forcefully move the bike it turns the engine over. It doesnt seem like the clutch is working right or something...

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Is the sparkplug hitting the head?,,,,look in the spark plug hole w/a flash-lite,,,,what number of teeth on the rear sproket and what size tire ? 24 or a 26 inch

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
My clutch was frozen on my first build just last week and this sounds like it might be the same thing. But how did you get the chain on if its frozen? Or maybe the little brass cable stay slipped. We need more info.

Lol beet me to it.

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
Yeah it was the clutch, It was way to loose under the plate. had to take it completely off and put it back on to figure it out.... not the clutch works perfect now but I cant get the darn thing to turn over.. I dont know if i should buy a new spark plug or iginition cu or generator. Any idea how to test for which one to replace. Or why it might not start?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
hold the spk. plug sidways against the head w/the plug wire on it's top and spin the back wheel w/the clutch engaged and see if there is a spark(lots of sparks)

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Yeah it was the clutch, It was way to loose under the plate. had to take it completely off and put it back on to figure it out.... not the clutch works perfect now but I cant get the darn thing to turn over.. I dont know if i should buy a new spark plug or iginition cu or generator. Any idea how to test for which one to replace. Or why it might not start?
You cant get the thing to turn over or does it turn over but doesnt start now????
John-John

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
I cant hold the bike up and spin the wheel and look at the thing. And it wont start...there is no ignition I know Im getting fuel but IDK about spark. I will find out when it stops raining. Try and ride the bike and put the spark plug against bike :( Has to be spark plug/cu or generator thingy.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
That was my next suggestion,,,but then I guess if no one else would to help him spin the wheel then they sure won't hold the plug for him to check the shock factor lol

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
Lol I got my kid to hold it.... haha luckly there wasnt no shock... But I managed to get it to work, It was the ignition wire. It has a screw on either end of the thing and it was loose, I threw it away and cut one from my old car in half.... works good. Thanks for all the help... Kid was having a blast..
Oh I have a question how do u put brakes on a bike that has fenders on it? Do you have to use disc brakes?

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
I cant seem to get the bike to idol when when Im stopped... Any ideas, I tried the screw and it didnt do much. Also It seems I need to put the clutch all the way down in order to get it to start.